Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fudog  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 4:48:37 AM(UTC)
Fudog

Groups: Registered

Good Morning, Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I have a Maytag oven and it is a radiant electric cooktop and I want to raise the cooktop up and clean under it but I am afraid of putting to much pressure on it and breaking the glass top. The users guide does not show how this is done. I have tried to raise it up from the front just like a car hood but it wont move. Also this is a self cleaning oven and I am having trouble with the oven door latch, when trying to open the door the latch on the inside stays in the center where it should be all the way to the left making the door catch when trying to open it. I hope someone can help me out with some suggestions. Thanks! New to the forum and enjoy it. Have a nice day.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 1:16:26 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fudog Go to Quoted Post
Good Morning, Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I have a Maytag oven and it is a radiant electric cooktop and I want to raise the cooktop up and clean under it but I am afraid of putting to much pressure on it and breaking the glass top. The users guide does not show how this is done. I have tried to raise it up from the front just like a car hood but it wont move. Also this is a self cleaning oven and I am having trouble with the oven door latch, when trying to open the door the latch on the inside stays in the center where it should be all the way to the left making the door catch when trying to open it. I hope someone can help me out with some suggestions. Thanks! New to the forum and enjoy it. Have a nice day.:confused:

Fudog,

You say your door latch catch is in the center of the openning, and you're not getting a Failure code ???

You should be unless:

The self clean door latch switches have been bypassed.

The latch assembly is bent or damaged.

But,

You'll need to raise the glass cooktop to investigate anyway.

A) Open the oven door

B) At each end of the black metal flange, there will be a 1/4 inch head screw one per side , remove the screws, and you'll be able to lift the top up, like a car hood, or remove it after you disconnect the wiring harness at the back of the burner box.

***Make sure you remove power to the range first***

You should also have a "prop rod" to hold the top up while you check the door latch assembly.

Part number: AP4098014
Part number: AP4098014

You should also find, there's not a lot to clean up, that is a sealed top, there shouldn't be anything more than dust under the top.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply