Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcof  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:10:19 PM(UTC)
mcof

Groups: Registered

The oven is 5 years old. Oven clock quit working. It will work sometimes, then othertimes it will go blank. I did recieve an E6 F2 error code one time when the clock came back on, but only once. It seems that from other postings that I need to replace control panel/board. Do I also need to replace the keypad?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:44:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the tech sheet
https://www.servicematters.com/d...0Sheet%20-%208302068.pdf

Looks like your error code is related to the keypad.
Have you tried unplugging the unit for a couple hours, to see if it will reset.
Also tech sheet says to try pressing the CANCEL key.

Unfortunately the sheet does not give the keypad schematic so it is difficult to troubleshoot. On top of that most supply houses will not let you return electrical parts so you may get stuck with an unnecessary item.

Before doing anything I would unplug the unit and unplug/plugin all connectors going to the control board. Check them for corrosion usually a dull brown or grey coating on the pins. Also carefully check the ribbon cable from the keypad to the board. If it has clear plastic coating check the tracks for a crack with a magnifying glass. The edge connector can be cleaned withh a pencil eraser, do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Other connectors can be cleaned with an electronics cleaner or isopropyl alcohol, just make sure all the solvent has evaporated before reconnecting.

If the above does not fix it I would go with the control board first but that is a guess. I do know that this type of display often has problems. The electrolytic capacitors leak with age and the dispay will not light up. This is a fairly common problem with JennAire, often the display gets dimmer and dimmer till you can no longer read it.

Sorry I could not be more helpful, hopefully someone else has better info.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply