Discuss

GE Dual Wave Microwave System- original to house- 1986J

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Originally Posted by rozman hi. i have a vintage 1985 GE dual wave system also and my light bulb in

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Dual Wave Microwave System- original to house- 1986J

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 10:23 AM

lwsears is on a distinguished road
Default Light bulb replacement

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozman View Post
hi. i have a vintage 1985 GE dual wave system also and my light bulb in my microwave is not working. do you know where the light bulb is and do you have a manual that tells you how to replace it?
I have just worked on a 1983 model and found that if you pull the unit out away from the wall you will find a little cover with one screw in it, remove the cover you will find the bulb.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM

dwbrooks is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

We have the GE Dual Wave Microwave System as well. The heating elements in the oven are heating slowly. We know we will have to buy a new system soon but for now we are interested in giving this one a bit more life. Does the heating element part ( AP2031031) apply to both the top and bottom elements? The elements do not get red hot when we turn on the oven -- just kind of warm.

Model # JKP62G0K3

Thanks! Dominique
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Hi Dominique,

If the both, broil and bake, elements are not getting red hot, then the problem most likely is a bad oven thermostat and/or the oven selector switch. Unfortunately both of them are no longer available.

You may want to check the circuit breakers for the oven and the wires inside the control panel and on the back of the oven. Otherwise it's time for a new oven.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric JKP62G*K3 Electric range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM

terry_gilman@comcast.net is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
In order to access the light bulb in the microwave you have to open the control panel. The light bulb is a regular 40 Watt appliance bulb.

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JKP67G*02 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene, I saw you posting on replacing the light bulb in this particular GE microwave. I have theould you GE JKP67G*J3 with the same problem. Could you send me instructions on how to open the control panel so I can get to the bulb?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

The light bulb can be behind the top grill or behind the control panel. Unfortunately I do not have more specific instructions for this model.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.