Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MTGAL  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:50:45 AM(UTC)
MTGAL

Groups: Registered

Hi - I have a Dacor duel fuel range. After using the self-clean cycle the oven will not heat up. The "on" light activates, but the oven never heats. The stove top works fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:02:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the complete model number of the range?

Gene.
MTGAL  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:21:20 PM(UTC)
MTGAL

Gene - This is going to sound as unbelieveably stupid to you as it does to me - I have no idea of a model #. I've looked everywhere on the range for something, anything, that indicates model number and have found nothing. There is nothing other than the Dacor label on the stove - no number, no id, no serial # - nothing. I looked at the manual and there is no id, model or other identifiier. Idiotic, I know, but true.

I can tell you this: the unit could stand alone or it may be slid into a space between the counters (as it is in my home); the unit has four burners that are gas and one oven that is electric/convection. The unit has never been great, but until recently it at least worked. I did a self-clean cycle and now the oven will not operate. The touchpad works and indicates the oven is on, but it never heats.

If you know where the model id is located - I'll provide that info. I did, at one point, slide the unit out and looked at the back panel in hopes of finding a model # or type, but nothing was found - not even a serial #.
TheFixItKid  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:34:26 PM(UTC)
TheFixItKid

Open Botton Broiler Drawer And Model Number And Serial Number May Be Loacted On Either Side Of The Legs Hope This May Help You With Your Model Number Quest ! After Number Is Retrieved Provide The Information To Gene For Additional Assistance He Is Very Good At What He Does =)
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:57:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

The name plate with the model and serial numbers can be behind the toe panel. If it's not there then open the oven door and using a flashlight look through the gaps in the top trim on both sides.

Gene.
fredl75  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:09:01 PM(UTC)
fredl75

I'm having the same problem.

My oven is a Whirlpool. Model number RBS305PRS00.

Any suggestions?
MTGAL  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 6:23:38 AM(UTC)
MTGAL

Ah HA! Thank you for the guidance. Now as to why Decor posts the model number where you have to crawl on your belly to read it...then again, why did Decor build a stove with a plastic control board that melts when it gets hot? Aghhhh...

Finally the model #: RSD30R

Thank you for your patience -

Irene
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 3:43:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Irene,

Most likely the problem is the tripped high limit thermostat. It is resettable and is located behind the door latch. The reset red button is in the middle of the thermostat. You have to remove the intake grill under the control panel to access the thermostat.

UserPostedImage

Gene.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 3:49:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: fredl75 Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same problem.

My oven is a Whirlpool. Model number RBS305PRS00.

Any suggestions?

If you are talking about the upper oven then most likely the problem is a bad thermal fuse on the back of the oven (#37 on the diagram).

You can find more useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ba-double-oven-help.html

- The thermal fuse Part number: AP3885687
MTGAL  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:36:19 PM(UTC)
MTGAL

Gene – THANK YOU!!!!!! I can’t believe it – I have my oven back!
Now, for the rest of the story – this oven stopped working at least two months ago. Since then I have paid to have two local technicians come out to the house to repair the oven. Both told us that the oven was unfixable and needed to be replaced. The first guy took off the back panel and fussed around with something at the rear of the oven. He then told us that some part had burned out and would have to be replaced at a cost of around $500. The second guy told us that the entire range was gone and could not be repaired. I’ve been fretting about this, talking with friends and trying to figure out a solution that would not involve putting out the money for another stove. As a self-employed person, I simply do not have the means to purchase another good stove at this time. So, for the past month or so I’ve relied upon meals that could be cooked on the stovetop or in our small countertop oven.
It took me quite some time to disassemble the grill and locate the thermostat, but thanks to your diagram, I managed to reset the button and the oven now works just perfectly. I am extremely grateful for your help. I only wish you worked here in Massachusetts rather than 3500 miles away in California! Thank you, so very much, for your help.
Irene
:D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply