Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hortdude  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 6:53:47 PM(UTC)
Hortdude

Groups: Registered

The range/oven was working perfectly until we had an electrical storm with a couple of close lightning strikes. Now, only the top burners work. The entire electronic display is blank and does not respond to pressing any button. The oven does not light or do anything. Do I need to replace the microprocessor, the control board, or something else? Of coarse I double checked that the power is on to the unit.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bjv  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 9:29:47 PM(UTC)
bjv

try turning the breaker off for a few minutes then turn back on sometimes static builds up in the microprosesor and the control does not know what to do so the unit goes dead by cuting power to the unit it allows static to clear this is pretty comon with electrical storms
Hortdude  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2007 4:52:20 AM(UTC)
Hortdude

Thanks for your reply. I tried disconnecting the power for a while and it still does not work. I should have mentioned it is an LP gas unit. The top burners ignite and burn properly, but the electronic display is blank and there is no way to operate the oven. Any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply