Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankieZZ  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 5:48:05 AM(UTC)
FrankieZZ

Groups: Registered

How do I get the old round ceramic igniter out and the new one in ? Do I push down to remove the old , and push up to install the new one ? Are they easily broken ? Any tool suggestion or should I do it by hand and with lubrication on the igniter? I switched wires from another to check to see if it was the switch but it made no difference so it must be the igniter. Need this before I order here for the part . If I order does it come with instructions ?The stove is 10 years old , not one .Thanks alot .

Frank in NH
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 8:02:59 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrankieZZ Go to Quoted Post
How do I get the old round ceramic igniter out and the new one in ? Do I push down to remove the old , and push up to install the new one ? Are they easily broken ? Any tool suggestion or should I do it by hand and with lubrication on the igniter? I switched wires from another to check to see if it was the switch but it made no difference so it must be the igniter. Need this before I order here for the part . If I order does it come with instructions ?The stove is 10 years old , not one .Thanks alot .

Frank in NH

Frank,

It's not quite that easy.

Your burner igniter is mounted to the bottom of the burner base with a screw.
(Click on part number for information)
Part number: AP2123862
Part number: AP2123862

You'll need to dismount all the burners from the cooktop, and raise the top to access the bottom of the burner(s)

It's usually best to remove the burner assembly from the gas supply tube, to perform the repair, but that's up to you.

If replacing the igniter, does not solve your problem, the next likeliest situation would be the Spark Module.

Part number: AP4374595
Part number: AP4374595

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
FrankieZZ  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 12:20:06 PM(UTC)
FrankieZZ

Groups: Registered

Thanks Joe . I hope it's just the ignitor - I think it is since I i tried jiggling the wire to the ignitor when I turned it on and got a little " shock " as in " juice "is coming in to the ignitor but not going through it. I saw how it is attached by a screw to the base of the burner assembly and think it is now a go . I ordered a new ignitor and should be good to go .Thanks mate .

Frank
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 12:27:00 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrankieZZ Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe . I hope it's just the ignitor - I think it is since I i tried jiggling the wire to the ignitor when I turned it on and got a little " shock " as in " juice "is coming in to the ignitor but not going through it. I saw how it is attached by a screw to the base of the burner assembly and think it is now a go . I ordered a new ignitor and should be good to go .Thanks mate .

Frank

You're welcome,

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply