Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jamesmagnuson  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:32:07 PM(UTC)
jamesmagnuson

Groups: Registered

My oven has two problems....First when I preheat it, it says it is up to temp within a minute. The thermometer inside shows that it is only at around 150f when it beeps. It will continue to heat to the selected temp, but it is rather slow.

The control board was replaced last year at this time. What should I look at next? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:45:15 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: jamesmagnuson Go to Quoted Post
My oven has two problems....First when I preheat it, it says it is up to temp within a minute. The thermometer inside shows that it is only at around 150f when it beeps. It will continue to heat to the selected temp, but it is rather slow.

The control board was replaced last year at this time. What should I look at next? Thanks

I would replace the oven sensor. But there is a possibility that the control panel is bad again. I would replace the sensor first. You could ohm out the sensor if you have a ohm meter. It should ohm out from 1060 to 1100 ohms. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
jamesmagnuson  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:57:51 PM(UTC)
jamesmagnuson

Groups: Registered

Thanks Tom- It was in fact the sensor. The plastic connector plug was completely melted between the sensor and wiring harness. Since I only had the new female end on the sensor I had to use bullet connectors to put it back together as a temp fix. Do you think that will be ok, or should a replace the wires all the way to the control board? Is it even possible to get just those wires, or even just the connector, or do I need to order a new wiring harness? Thanks again for the help.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:47:19 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: jamesmagnuson Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Tom- It was in fact the sensor. The plastic connector plug was completely melted between the sensor and wiring harness. Since I only had the new female end on the sensor I had to use bullet connectors to put it back together as a temp fix. Do you think that will be ok, or should a replace the wires all the way to the control board? Is it even possible to get just those wires, or even just the connector, or do I need to order a new wiring harness? Thanks again for the help.

No, you got it. I do that all the time. Great Job!!!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply