Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sgo529  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:47:44 PM(UTC)
sgo529

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have an 8 or 9 year old Kenmore Gas Oven/Range (Model No. 665.75824001). We recently had a long power failure due to bad weather. This was not the first power failure that we've experienced while owning this oven, but it was by far the longest. The problem started with intermittent power failure lasting only minutes, and then was followed by a prolonged failure for approximately 8-10 hours. When our power returned, the digital display on the range top was reading "E1 -F1-". Our oven will not turn on the gas, or ignite. The gas stove top does work. Various internet searches suggest that the code we're seeing may indicate a faulty board. I've opened up the top cover of our range to reveal 2 circuit boards. One appears to be directly attached to the keypad on the outside, and the other is secured to internal frame. Can anyone direct me to the understand error code so that I can order the right part? I have reason to believe it is the small board attached to the internal frame, but want to exercise caution as electronic components are somewhat unchartered waters for me...any help or direction would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:19:19 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Try doing this
1. Disconnect power for at least 30 seconds.
2. Re-apply power and observe for at least one minute.
3. If code re-appears, replace control board (also called ERC or clock).

Nat
sgo529  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:05:15 AM(UTC)
sgo529

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply. When I first started searching for the error code, I saw other posts that suggested I do the same thing. I have unplugged the unit several times to see if that resolves the issue and unfortunately it always comes back. That being said, I'm guessing I'll need to follow your recommendation and replace the board. There are two circuit boards however, and one appears to be attached to the clock, and the other is seperate. I'd really hate to buy the wrong board. Can you clarify which board you think I should replace and why the error has occured?

Thanks,
Scott
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:32:38 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

If you order from this site the part number is AP3180904 or manufacturers part number 8190201. It's the one attached to the clock. The other one is actually the spark module.

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply