Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TableRocker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:26:48 PM(UTC)
TableRocker

Groups: Registered

I had a problem with the right door hinge. Removed the door, repaired right hinge and put door back on. Now the door doesn't lock on the left hand hinge (I mean when I open the door all the way down the door slips off the hinge about an inch or so). It seems next to impossible to find information for Viking on the web and parts seem to be hard to find. Any help you can provide in finding parts and or repair diagrams / repair help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mco1967  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:18:16 PM(UTC)
mco1967

Dear Poster:

Did you ever resolve that issue? Let me know what you learned and thanks very much in advance
Best
Andy Smith
beantown  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 4:40:34 PM(UTC)
beantown

i have not replaced the Viking door hinge yet. I am still not sure on how the hinge comes out, once the door is off. I have been looking onling for a diagram of how the hinge fits into the door. No luck as yet.
JimOliveira@comcast.net  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:23:34 AM(UTC)
JimOliveira@comcast.net

I ended up having a service repair man come as one hinge actually broke in half. They replaced the hinges with an upgraded hinge. Seems to be a design/materials problem.

Originally Posted by: beantown Go to Quoted Post
i have not replaced the Viking door hinge yet. I am still not sure on how the hinge comes out, once the door is off. I have been looking onling for a diagram of how the hinge fits into the door. No luck as yet.
jmurphy  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 5:41:23 AM(UTC)
jmurphy

do you mind if i ask how much you spent to have the repair-person replace the hinges? The repairman with whom we work is telling me it will be $600 to fix the hinges on our Viking. This after spending $500 a few months ago to fix the oven ignition on one side.

Just seems steep to me and am willing to do it myself but having trouble finding the "how to" and the parts online?! Asked him to try to find used or cheaper parts but he says it is not possible to use other manufacturer parts.
Skip in NJ  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:33:33 AM(UTC)
Skip in NJ

I have the same problem. Try expertappliance.com. Also try part # z11-vgrc-88vw as an example. No guarantees but good luck
gug  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 2:44:59 PM(UTC)
gug

On my Viking hinge you just remove the 2 screws facing toward you above the hinge and the hinge comes out
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply