Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rob_s  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 10:31:33 PM(UTC)
rob_s

Groups: Registered

After power was restored following a storm outage, the micro would no longer start, complaining that the door was open. I found that the 20A fuse in series with the door switch had blown, and replaced it. But now, having powered up again, the keypad isn't responding to any key press, and one sees alternate display of F2 E0 and F2 E1 (it beeps and toggles between these every 60 secs). The tech sheet gives "keypad not connected" for these codes -- I reseated the ribbon cable tail, first cleaning the contacts, but no change :( . Do you think the keypad needs to be replaced, or is it more likely the controller? The funny thing is, prior to replacing the fuse, the keypad worked fine. Thanks for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SRB  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 5:46:15 PM(UTC)
SRB

I have the same problem and have not the foggiest what to do. I had to replace the light bulb and had to remove the unit to do this. When I put it back together I got the same error codes you did. I cleaned the contacts also but still no response. All was fine prior to the repair.

I am thinking I have to replace the keypad $300+ but not sure if its just the keypad and/or the control unit?

If you have any luck please let me know

Thanks

SRB
Gracebliss  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 2:13:16 PM(UTC)
Gracebliss

Hi - just catching up to this post. I have the same problem after changing the light bulb. Did anyone figure out what is wrong without replacing the keypad?

Thanks,
Grace
SRB  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:24:18 AM(UTC)
SRB

Grace,

Have done nothing with the unit as of yet, a little nervous that if its not the key pad for $300+ I'll have to also get the control unit for $300+ at this point is it worth replacing the unit with another BRAND. Have you had any success?

Thanks

Randy
Gracebliss  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:08:24 AM(UTC)
Gracebliss

Randy,

I did end up replacing the key-pad and my appliance now works. It looks like I damaged the ribbon when I was putting the unit back together after replacing the light bulb. It had a crease in it so I assume that was the problem. Sure is a lot of work and expense just to change a light bulb!

Grace
SRB  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:39:46 PM(UTC)
SRB

Grace

Thanks for the update, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and purchase the keypad. Any tips on the installation so that the ribbon does not get pinched again. I think that is what went wrong with mine also. Too bad you can't just replace the ribbon.

Thanks

Randy
Gracebliss  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 9:51:41 AM(UTC)
Gracebliss

Randy,

It would have been nice to just replace that darn ribbon. I don't have any tips other than to just be aware of where the ribbon is when you put the oven back together. Wasn't too bad. Good luck.

Grace.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply