Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
homreprman  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 6:51:30 PM(UTC)
homreprman

Groups: Registered

Our oven is a Maytag Model#MGR5750ADW
It wasn't a gradual failure. One night the oven worked fine and the next night it didn't. It would take longer than usual to light after starting. It would preheat to the set temperature but would not maintain it. It lost heat and wouldn't kick back on until it was almost cold. There was a smell of propane also.The top burners and the broiler work fine. I removed the racks and the bottom oven panel to observe the igniter. It glowed very bright. I assume it's working ok.There were no error codes. I would appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

homreprman  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 11:01:27 AM(UTC)
homreprman

Groups: Registered

To anyone who's oven has the same or simular problem as mine. I couldn't wait any longer for a reply from the experts of the repair forum for Thanksgiving is almost here so I found the solution on my own. By searching through the blogs posted in the forum I found a link to an appliance trouble shooting web site. Look for the same symptoms your appliance is having and maybe you can find a solution too. Here is the link:[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://www.appliance411.com/links/jump.cgi?ID=823[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Good luck. homreprman.[/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply