Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BlackBeauty  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 3:42:25 PM(UTC)
BlackBeauty

Groups: Registered

The electronic oven control assembly display was going in and out. One moment it would be blank and then several hours later, it would be lit up as if everything was fine, everything worked except the display. We recently pulled our oven and cook top out and I thought maybe something came loose behind the assembly. I removed the four screws and pulled the overlay assembly membrane out to access the oven control assembly. Everything looked fine on the oven control assembly, no loose connections, so I put the membrane back in and tightened the four screws. When I turned the power back on. The oven light was on, the fan was working and the oven chime was beeping constantly. I turned the power off and removed the membrane again. What it looks like I did was when I put the membrane back in, the lower set of wires that are enclosed in a green sheet that attach to the lower back portion of the oven control assembly looked like I crimped them a little. They got caught on the lower metal edge/portion of the oven and it crimped/folded them, but barely and they did not break and the connections look fine.

Why is does the oven light stay on? Why is the fan constantly running? and why is the chime constantly beeping? None of the controls on the outside of the membrane work now, I can't turn off the oven light nor can I turn on the oven or broiler. The cooktop works fine. Appreciate you expertise. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.