Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
natebee  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:22:08 AM(UTC)
natebee

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

My wife was running the cleaning cycle on our whirlpool rbd305pdb10 oven this week. At the end of the cycle we heard the oven beep. On the Oven the time had gone dead as well as the oven light.

I read on the boards here to try and replace the thermal fuse. I have done that and have the same result. The only thing else I am wondering if I should try replacing is the control board or the control panel.

Any thoughts on how to tell if one or the other is bad?

Thanks for any help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 4:38:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
According to the wiring diagram there suppose to be a control panel thermal fuse which plugs into the control board and completely interrupts power if it's blown.

Unfortunately this fuse is not shown in the parts list and I'm going to do more search Monday. So far you can open the control panel and check this fuse. It should be connected to "P24-3" terminal.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool oven Model RBD305PDB10

Gene.
natebee  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 6:22:54 PM(UTC)
natebee

Gene,

I found the fuse. It look like this, although I don't know if it the exact part number.

I tried a continuity tester on it and it appears to be bad. Just looking at the fuse though it does not appear blown. Would I see a broken wire if it were bad? If you could help me figure the exact part number I will try that first.

Also in the diagram it shown 2 thermal fuses, one on the top oven and one of the bottom. On the manual I have it only shows the bottom thermal fuse. Maybe I will try and pull the oven back out and see if there is a thermal fuse on the top oven also.

A appreciate the help!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 9:46:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

You found the right part. This is a thermal fuse and you can not visually inspect it. If your meter shows it's open then just replace it and it should solve the problem.

Gene.
natebee  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:45:33 AM(UTC)
natebee

Is there only one type of this fuse? Or are there different amp versions?

I did jumper past the fuse and the oven worked, so I am sure that is the problem.

Thanks
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 7:20:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

This fuse is a thermal fuse and it works by temperature. Install the new fuse as far as possible from any metal oven body parts.

Gene.
AF_Retired  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:44:09 AM(UTC)
AF_Retired

Hi, Gene. I have the same problem. Self-clean. Bam! Nothing shows on the display panel and no power. Difference is I have a different model double oven, Whirlpool RDB245PDB11. I've removed the control panel and can see the thermal fuse; should I replace this part? Thanks much!
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:49:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

AF_Retired,

Even the model number of your oven is deferent, the solution is the same. The control panel thermal fuse and, possible, the thermal fuse on the back of the upper oven.

- The part number for the control panel thermal fuse is AP3110028

- The part number for the rear thermal fuse is AP3885687

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool oven Model RBD245PDB11

Gene.
smitty33  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 7:29:31 PM(UTC)
smitty33

Whirlpool Double Oven
Model # RBD275PDB12

Gene,
Both ovens, control panel, and oven lights all went dead after using the auto cleaning mode on the upper oven. The circuit breaker to the oven is ON.
It looks like there could be a Thermostat behind the upper oven (AP3008987) and a thermal fuse behind the lower oven (AP313249). I'm also wishing there was a thermal fuse behind the control panel that would likely be much easier to replace, but I can't find one on the diagram.
If I need to replace the thermostat or fuse behind the oven, is this something of a jack-of-no-trade home improvement guy like me can pull off? Thanks! - Scott
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 8:52:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Scott,

Looks like you have the same situation as the other guys who posted here. The control panel thermal fuse and very likely the upper oven shutdown fuse are blown. I do not think the lower oven is affected because it was not used at that time. In case you have to remove the oven from the cabinet you'll need a helper because it is pretty heavy. Otherwise it is not too difficult to replace the shutdown fuse (thermostat) on the rear panel.

- The part number for the control panel thermal fuse is AP3110028

- The part number for the upper oven shutdown fuse is AP3885687 (it has been changed by the manufacturer).

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply