Discuss

thermador cook N ventilation does not work

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Thermador COOK N VENT rising panel type. (I cannot locate the model #) Miele brand cooktop with thermador rising panel

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » thermador cook N ventilation does not work

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 PM

frankpark is on a distinguished road
Default thermador cook N ventilation does not work
Brand: Thermador   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Thermador COOK N VENT rising panel type.
(I cannot locate the model #)
Miele brand cooktop with thermador rising panel ventilation type: Downdraft ventilation (possibly UCVM30FS)

Thermador brand cooktop ventilation switch does not work.(switch turns clockwise to speed 0,1,2,3)
The ventilation motor fan works but the switch does not work. How do I repair the switch?
Thank you!

Last edited by frankpark : 10-20-2008 at 11:46 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Servicer is on a distinguished road

Hello,
It sounds like you have a CVS30RS downdraft. Your problem is a bit contradictory. The speed selector switch is what runs the fan, so if the switch is not working the fan should not run. If the fan runs, but the speeds don't change you may have a problem in the motor or restrictive ducting.
So, is the problem that the fan runs, but does not change speeds, or is the fan actually not running?
KC
Old 11-10-2009, 11:39 AM

jneves is on a distinguished road
Default UCVM30FS Downdraft

I just bought a UCVM30FS downdraft with the 600 CFM blower unit. Had it installed yesterday everything worked great the first time I turned it on. Went up, changed fan speeds1, 2, 3 then back to 0 and push the button to turn off and it went down nicely. I cleaned up all the packaging and wiped the counter. My wife gets home and I call her over to show her and nothing, nothing at all. No up, no fan nothing. electrician was still outside so I called him in to check, plug has power, power is flowing through the pre-installed cable, but nothing happens.

Any ideas.

BTW, first time poster, I would really appreciate some feed back.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

If you just bought it then the best solution is to call Thermador for the warranty service.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-11-2009, 09:27 AM

jneves is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gene, I called yesterday and they will be out on Friday.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.