Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
s_g  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:41:52 AM(UTC)
s_g

Groups: Registered

I have a 27" Whirlpool Electric Built-in Single Oven (model number has been scrubbed off :mad:) but I do know the serial number: XJ2401085 :)

Problem: (a) Temp up and down buttons only move the temp down. (b) Timer button sends you to timed start mode not timer mode. (c) Hour button operates in reverse: up gives down and down gives up. (d) The computer has an error code of E0 F5 (=Door is open, but latch is locked). Otherwise the oven works fine. To get bake temps above the 350 default, I switch to broil mode which defaults the temp to 500 and then switch back to bake mode and lower the temp to where we need it. I checked all the latch/door switches and solenoids and they have correct resistances in open and closed modes.

Question: (1) My guess is that the computer board is shot and simply needs to be replaced. Is that a good guess? is there a test I can run to check? (2) Could it be that the front panel (i.e. buttons) are bad and that
they need replacement?

Added info: This problem appeared just after running a self-clean cycle. Note, I did install a new door/blower repair kit about 8 years ago due to a problem where self-clean cycles would always trip the thermal safety switch.

Thanks in advance,
-sg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.