Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvermill  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:34:35 AM(UTC)
jvermill

Groups: Registered

I just purchased this range used.
It has a ceramic cooktop with four radiant elements, with one that is switchable from small to large.

There are no codes on the digital display, and the red power LED comes on when you operate the burner knobs.

The oven appears to work without issue.

Any ideas? I moved it on it's back for a 100 mile trip. Any chance there's some kind of safety that got tripped when I put it on it's back? I'm also considering a connection coming loose..

I'll take any suggestions.

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:29:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jvermill Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased this range used.
It has a ceramic cooktop with four radiant elements, with one that is switchable from small to large.

There are no codes on the digital display, and the red power LED comes on when you operate the burner knobs.

The oven appears to work without issue.

Any ideas? I moved it on it's back for a 100 mile trip. Any chance there's some kind of safety that got tripped when I put it on it's back? I'm also considering a connection coming loose..

I'll take any suggestions.

thanks

JV,

What's wrong ????

I did not see a problem / complaint listed.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
jvermill  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:40:35 AM(UTC)
jvermill

Groups: Registered

The first time I wrote this, my browser locked up and I lost the session. I didn't notice that when I rewrote it, I forgot to specifically state the problem.

None of the cooktop burners will heat up. The red light on the panel comes on, and I've tried all the burners. None will heat up.

The oven works fine.,

No codes on the display panel.

Any ideas? I'm thinking a loose connection maybe, or some kind of safety triggered when I moved it on its back?

Thanks
JV
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:55:36 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jvermill Go to Quoted Post
The first time I wrote this, my browser locked up and I lost the session. I didn't notice that when I rewrote it, I forgot to specifically state the problem.

None of the cooktop burners will heat up. The red light on the panel comes on, and I've tried all the burners. None will heat up.

The oven works fine.,

No codes on the display panel.

Any ideas? I'm thinking a loose connection maybe, or some kind of safety triggered when I moved it on its back?

Thanks
JV

JV,

No Problem,

Yes,

You're correct, You've got a loose or broken wire going up to the infinite(burner) switches.

There is no "safety" device that would trigger and keep the burners from working.

You need to check the Blue and Yellow wires that run from the terminal block(power connection)on the back of the range , to the burner switches in the control panel, and find out where they got broken or knocked loose.
(I'm guessing, but most likely the Yellow wire is the problem).

Good Luck,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply