Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Les Coil  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:38:40 AM(UTC)
Les Coil

Groups: Registered

Recently, the control panel on my double oven went completely blank, but randomly displayed the error code F2-E2 or vice-versa and beeped randomly. I had atechnician check it out and he said that it was a bad control panel. I replaced the control panel and when I turned on the power, the panel displayed power failure error code and the clock displayed . I was able to set the clock to the correct time and then a few minutes later the entire screen went blank and no error code or random beeping occurred. However, each of the various "buttons" when pushed made a beep. When I pushed and held the "enter" button, a fan turned on for a few seconds, but the screen was still blank. Is it possible that the control panel is not working and /or does the control board need replacing?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:13:00 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Les Coil Go to Quoted Post
Recently, the control panel on my double oven went completely blank, but randomly displayed the error code F2-E2 or vice-versa and beeped randomly. I had atechnician check it out and he said that it was a bad control panel. I replaced the control panel and when I turned on the power, the panel displayed power failure error code and the clock displayed . I was able to set the clock to the correct time and then a few minutes later the entire screen went blank and no error code or random beeping occurred. However, each of the various "buttons" when pushed made a beep. When I pushed and held the "enter" button, a fan turned on for a few seconds, but the screen was still blank. Is it possible that the control panel is not working and /or does the control board need replacing?

Les,

Did you replace the "control panel" or the control board ?

Part number: AP3131744
Part number: AP3131744

If you replaced the panel, that would have solved your F2 E1 code,
And the PF code is normal when you turn off the power to the unit, then turn it back on.

Are you sure you have the touchpad ribbon properly installed on the control board, was the new ribbon creased, twisted or damaged, in the box ?

If all is OK with the control panel and ribbon, then

Yes , you will need a new control board

Part number: AP3595759
Part number: AP3595759

This does occur occasionally, where you replace one part, and the ascociated part fails or won't communicate with the new part.

Most engineers, still can't explain why.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Les Coil  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:22:29 PM(UTC)
Les Coil

Joe M:
Thanks. I replaced the control panel (Keypad). The ribbon was not crinked or broken. I pulled the panel after the first failure noted above to check the ribbon and it was appropriately installed and appeared to be in good order. I am hopeful the control board will solve the problem.I noted on one of the other blogs that there might be a fuse involved too?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 5:09:35 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe M:
Thanks. I replaced the control panel (Keypad). The ribbon was not crinked or broken. I pulled the panel after the first failure noted above to check the ribbon and it was appropriately installed and appeared to be in good order. I am hopeful the control board will solve the problem.I noted on one of the other blogs that there might be a fuse involved too?

Les,

I would not think, you need a thermal fuse,

You would have gotten nothing from the control, at all, if the fuse was open.

But, if you want to order it , to have just in case :

Part number: AP3110028
Part number: AP3110028

I'm sure you'll be fine with the control board.

Good Luck,
Les Coil  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:37:05 AM(UTC)
Les Coil

Thanks again Joe. You have been a big help. I will install the control board and let you know how it works. :)
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 10:33:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks again Joe. You have been a big help. I will install the control board and let you know how it works. :)

OK,

Will be looking for your post,

Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply