Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alycat  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 5:21:08 AM(UTC)
alycat

Groups: Registered

Hi Nat - there was no error code to begin with, just the oven acting psycho by going into broil mode when I only had it at 350, and then not shutting off. I even had issues when we shut off the breaker and turned it back on - the upper oven kept coming on. Weird! So that is why he said it had to be the board. So then, after he put new board in and got the error message about the touchpad, then got the same message when he put the old board back on, that was when I starting doubting what was going on. So, when hubby got home he decided to check it out. Took him all of 2 seconds to make a comment as he pulled off the panel - low and behold the ribbon wire that makes the connection from the touch pad to the board was bent and almost cracked through. He said there is the problem right there. Think as repairman pulled the panel off - which he had to yank on a couple times - he actually damaged the ribbon wire because it hit the top of the opening. It really all made sense, but of course we cannot acuse the man of this. We have now talked with the company installing since it really was not our fault that the touchpad got damaged and feel we should not have to pay for the second part. Well - first they said they would sell the part at their cost, but we are trying to have them settle on at least splitting the cost of the part down the middle. Seems only fair. Hubby told the guy that repairman will show him the part once removed and he can make the final call about what he thinks is fair. Bottom line is we don't have a choice - we need both parts. UGH! I hate spending money for stuff like that.

Thanks for your input!
aly
libertyappl  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2008 6:46:13 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

You're welcome, hopefully you can get it all staightened out!!

Nat
lambertlw  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 7:30:42 AM(UTC)
lambertlw

Groups: Registered

:mad: E1 is not my fault code - ONLY F2. Any idea if the problem is sensor, harness or relay board?:D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply