Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tommyboy84  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:23:12 PM(UTC)
tommyboy84

Groups: Registered

Is the wiring to my Maytag oven/stove top burners logical?
I have four burners, three are standard and one, the right front is a power burner.
If I remove the top of the stove, both left burners and the FRONT right burner (AKA Power burner) have the same wiring for the spark ignitors one yellow (grnd) and one orange (spark).
The right REAR burner has one yellow (grnd) and one blue (spark) wire. The orface on the right REAR burner also has a blue band.
I have always wondered if the orface and the blue wire was actually intended for the right Front burner, the power burner.
The only different 'Power' burner.
Any thoughts?
(Attachment is my exact oven, man. 11/2001)
tommyboy84 attached the following image(s):
a1inc_1953_38176551.gif
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:12:20 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

By looking at the wiring diagram posted I'm going to have to say somewhere along the way someone has done some rewiring. the diagram shows white & tan to the spark module & burners.
Nat
tommyboy84  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:16:41 PM(UTC)
tommyboy84

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your reply Nat, Here is the funny thing: I purchased the oven brand new from Sears in 2002. I have been the only owner, and nobody has re-wired anything on this oven. The way it is today, is the way it came from the store. Have you had any experience with this model? I was wondering if another unit of the same model would look the same as mine with reguards the orface on the right rear burner?
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:29:03 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

No, not the exact same model....most people in our area don't buy the stainless. We work on too many models to remember exactly all the wiring, which is why each unit comes with the tech/wiring diagrams in the unit. All I can tell you is the way you are discribing thie wiring it doesn't appear to match the wiring diagram on the Maytag tech site.
But, also from what you said it's the rear burner that's the Power burner, not the front burner.
nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply