Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Survivor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:51:31 PM(UTC)
Survivor

Groups: Registered

The Display panel won't lite up and the oven can't be operated. The clock isn't lit either(obviously) lol.. All four burners (Glass top) work so we can cook on glass top. Something coincidentally just happened last night. When you turn the switch on for the outer ring for the front right burner it won't turn on.We can use the small burner with no problem but if we need a larger pot or pan the outer ring won't turn on. Any help and guidance is sincerely appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:03:49 PM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Please post your model number so we can look up parts information.
Survivor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:26:25 AM(UTC)
Survivor

The Mo. # has 3 unreadable #'s or letters then 377CFSE I believe. It's next to impossible to read. S/N Again same prob. 3 missing then 2825043.
Hopefully this will help.

THANKYOU, Also, let me know if part is worth replacing and can I purchase it from here?

I just tried again, I THINK ???? the Mo. # FFF 377CFSE
Survivor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:47:49 PM(UTC)
Survivor

I sent out a responce to Matts post the other day and never heard back from anyone yet.. I was wondering if the post was seen or am I still supposed to wait for a reply because of a tech doing research..
Matt / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:50:16 AM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Hey Survivor,

Im guessing at your model number, I think its FEF377CFSE make sure you double check it. Did you have any power surges or anything that would have caused multiple parts to fail?

Ok, you will have to get the wiring diagram out and start testing, first make sure you are getting proper power from the wall, check all wires for loose connections, bad grounds, burnt wires etc. You will have to determine if the clock and element are getting voltage, if the clock is getting proper voltage and not working more than likely it is bad. If the large size element is getting proper voltage then you can assume the element is bad.

If the element is not getting power then you will have to test the wires back to the switch, you should be able to use the wiring diagram to test the switch to see if its giving power. You can also test the outer element for continuity.

Right front element.

Dual element switch.

Check everything out and see what you can determine.
Hyatt  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:38:22 AM(UTC)
Hyatt

I have a similar issue. we were cooking in the oven and on the stove at the same time, when we heard a "pop" like when you squish a sandwich bag full of air, and the clock display went blank. The stove top continued to work without any issues, but the oven immediately stopped... and to add to the wierdness, all of a sudden the stove top light above the dials works (it hadnt worked since we bought the house). We thought it might have to do with the breakers on the house, but they are working fine (we had an issue with the dryer a couple of months back that it tumbled but didnt heat - that had to do with the breakers - I bought I new set washer and dryer and all I needed was the breaker - OOPPPS!) So my question is did this advise solve your issue? and is it possible that is the process I should explore before shopping? :confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply