Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bgnfan  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 6:43:45 AM(UTC)
bgnfan

Groups: Registered

Recently our oven display went out. We ordered new control board 8302319 and replaced the old one. Now the dislay works and all buttons except the upper and lower off buttons. the only way to shut oven off is turn off by breaker or set cook time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2010 7:47:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bgnfan Go to Quoted Post
Recently our oven display went out. We ordered new control board 8302319 and replaced the old one. Now the dislay works and all buttons except the upper and lower off buttons. the only way to shut oven off is turn off by breaker or set cook time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the information I have, you orderred the correct part.

Are you sure, you did not move any other wires, when you re installed the control panel?

Do you have any problem with the other buttons ?

Did you see any twists,creases, damage to the touchpad ribbon,and are you sure you have it properly installed ?

You may want to access the control(again) and check for damage and proper ribbon connection.

Clean the ribbon end and control contacts with alcohol or non residue contact cleaner, and try again.

If your problem persists, replace the control panel assembly.

Part number: AP3131916

:) :) :)
bgnfan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:51:45 AM(UTC)
bgnfan

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Based on the information I have, you orderred the correct part.

Are you sure, you did not move any other wires, when you re installed the control panel?

Do you have any problem with the other buttons ?

Did you see any twists,creases, damage to the touchpad ribbon,and are you sure you have it properly installed ?

You may want to access the control(again) and check for damage and proper ribbon connection.

Clean the ribbon end and control contacts with alcohol or non residue contact cleaner, and try again.

If your problem persists, replace the control panel assembly.

Joe,
Thanks for the reply, the ribbon looked good with no creases, i did not clean the ribbon but will do so. I even installed the old control board back in with the bad display and could hear all buttons working except the two buttons upper and lower oven off. I thank you very much for help and will probaly have to order that new contol panel. Thanks again. Wayne
bgnfan  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:55:47 AM(UTC)
bgnfan

Joe,
Thanks for the reply, the ribbon looked good with no creases, i did not clean the ribbon but will do so. I even installed the old control board back in with the bad display and could hear all buttons working except the two buttons upper and lower oven off. I thank you very much for help and will probaly have to order that new contol panel. Thanks again. Wayne

Joe,
Also you mentioned other wires, where do the wires run for the off circuit. At the back of the control board I saw 2 small boxes with only 2 red wires in each box. Does that control the upper and lower off buttons? I don't think they got crossed but would it hurt anything to reverse them on the terminals? Thanks Wayne
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 6:47:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,
Also you mentioned other wires, where do the wires run for the off circuit. At the back of the control board I saw 2 small boxes with only 2 red wires in each box. Does that control the upper and lower off buttons? I don't think they got crossed but would it hurt anything to reverse them on the terminals? Thanks Wayne

Wayne,

The other wires that I mentioned , would have been the wires back to the heating elements, or the control board it'self.

If the wires to the elements, were pinched or shorted to the cabinet frame, that could produce continuous voltage to the elements and they would be energized all the time,

It doesn't sound like that occurred.

I don't see a need to reverse the wires,

At this point, I'm sure you need a touchpad/control panel assembly.

All of your settings and operations are controlled through the relays and resistors on the control board itself, and the "inputs" from the touchpad assembly(as long as there are not shorted,broken wires).

I'm sure once you get the panel replaced, you'll be up and running fine.

bgnfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:17:30 PM(UTC)
bgnfan

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Wayne,

The other wires that I mentioned , would have been the wires back to the heating elements, or the control board it'self.

If the wires to the elements, were pinched or shorted to the cabinet frame, that could produce continuous voltage to the elements and they would be energized all the time,

It doesn't sound like that occurred.

I don't see a need to reverse the wires,

At this point, I'm sure you need a touchpad/control panel assembly.

All of your settings and operations are controlled through the relays and resistors on the control board itself, and the "inputs" from the touchpad assembly(as long as there are not shorted,broken wires).

I'm sure once you get the panel replaced, you'll be up and running fine.

Joe,
Thanks again, you have been a great help !!!
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:28:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,
Thanks again, you have been a great help !!!

You're quite welcome,

We're glad to help , anytime we can.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply