Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DMC  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 11:03:58 AM(UTC)
DMC

Groups: Registered

My Maytag gas stove will not ignite. I replaced the igniter because it seems to be dim. Prior to replacement there was no gas being released into the burner even though the igniter was lit. Once I replaced the igniter I noticed a big differnce in how bright the glow from the new igniter was. The stove lit a couple times and then quit working. The igniter is still working and gas is being released but he burner is not lighting. I can light the burner with a match. I'm wondering if the igniter needs to be a certain distance from the burner to ignite the flame. I seems like my new is angled away from the burner. I had al ittle trouble getting the old one off and was thinking I could've bent the mounting bracket away from where it needs to be postioned.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.