Discuss

Whirlpool fault code E6 F2

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Scott, I've read the other post first and the answer is there: http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/...html#post59221 Gene.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Whirlpool fault code E6 F2

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Scott,

I've read the other post first and the answer is there: Whirlpool Double Oven Dead

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 AM

FloMoRon is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced control board - new problem

Gene, I followed your advice and replaced the control board on my double oven. Within 2 months, the convection button and the "temperature higher" button stopped working. Do you think it is a defect in the control board or do I need to replace the panel, maybe because those buttons aren't triggering the commands? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

FloMoRon,

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 AM

The Whirlpool Gold double oven with convection, black and stainless, is

GBD307PDS09. I purchased the control board through this website on 10/8/08.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Open the control panel and check the ribbon, using a magnifier. Most likely the problem is a bad control panel.

Gene.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 AM

I did have a hard time getting the ribbon back in. I wonder if I broke it somehow. I will check it with a magnifier. Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 PM

caryn is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!!

Gene:

Ive been reading your advice and it seems like you are the end all, know all of this type of stuff. I was wondering if you had any input. We have a double wall over RBD275PDB12, black. LIke the other users, we have the error message E6 F2 but it only comes on randomly. Oven does not work. We cant figure out how to unplug the over from the wall. Its a metal pipe-looking thing that may be a casing? Not sure. But I looked at the control panel and the three little skinny white barrells on the back near the red and blue wires are FIRE HOT! The red and blue wires have continuity from the transformer.

Do you know where the plug is on this oven and what may be causing our problem?

Thanking you so much in advance.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

This oven does not have a plug. It is hardwired. Why do you need to unplug it? In order to turn the power "off" just turn "off" the oven double breaker. If you need to remove the oven from the cabinet then the cable should be long enough to let you do it.

You said this is a double oven. Which oven does not work? It does not not work completely or just one function? What you said about the control board looks to me as normal.

Can you describe the problem (s) more specifically?

Gene.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 PM

caryn is on a distinguished road

Gene, sorry I was not more specific. Neither of the ovens work. The E6 F2 code comes on, once in a while. Otherwise, its a blank screen. If you open either of the over doors (upper or lower), the light will come on. But pushing any of the buttons on the panel doesnt do anything. I am guessing from reading your site that its either the control panel or board? When I removed the control panel (so that the green board is exposed), the E6 F2 came back on. We havent seen that code (or any activity) in weeks. Its as if something we did by removing the front panel helped it.

Any help you could give would be great!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.