Discuss

Whirlpool fault code E6 F2

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

If the problem is just that error code but there is nothing wrong with the display then the problem more

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Whirlpool fault code E6 F2

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

If the problem is just that error code but there is nothing wrong with the display then the problem more likely is a bad control panel. On the other side the control panel has nothing to do with the display which is part of the control board.

You did not post the model number of your oven and I'm not able to verify part numbers and/or prices for you but in any way if you will order any part from APP then you can return it within 365 days, even if it was installed.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-06-2012, 05:54 PM

aangels is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
If the problem is just that error code but there is nothing wrong with the display then the problem more likely is a bad control panel. On the other side the control panel has nothing to do with the display which is part of the control board.
Thanks, Gene. That makes sense. I disconnected the keypad ribbon, and nothing shows on the display after some hours. I guess this means I need at least a new board. Because it showed F2 E6 before, that probably means I need a new panel, too?

I'm still confused by your first reply, but maybe it doesn't apply to me?:

[quote]If the error code came back on, replace the control board.
If the error code did not show up, replace the control panel.[/quote[

If the error code (F2 E6) comes back on, do I really need to replace the board? I thought just the panel in that case...

Quote:
You did not post the model number of your oven and I'm not able to verify part numbers and/or prices for you but in any way if you will order any part from APP then you can return it within 365 days, even if it was installed.

Gene.
Right, sorry: GBD307PDS09.

Thank you!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Is the display completely blank? Can you hear a beep when you push any buttons?

Blank display means a problem with the power supply to the control board (power transformer of control panel thermal fuse) or a bad control board itself.

The "F2-E6" error code means that the control board senses the Cancel key drive line open. The cause of it could be a bad control panel (most common) or a bad control board.

In your situation you have to determine first what caused the blank display. If it's the power supply then it's possible the control panel is bad too. If it's the control board itself then the control panel can be good.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com

Last edited by Gene : 11-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM

aangels is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gene. Nothing ever displays. The top row of buttons and the "upper off" button cause a beep when pressed. No other buttons beep. This probably indicates that the power supply is fine, and the control board is bad?

I guess the panel might still be okay! I could replace just the board and see.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You may want to check for continuity the low voltage transformer and the control panel thermal fuse before you will order the control board.

- The thermal fuse Part number: 4451042

Part number: 4451042

- The low voltage transformer Part number: 9760587

Part number: 9760587

- The control board Part number: W10406070

Part number: W10406070

Gene.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM

skeltah is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool RBD275PDB8 No display Please help!

Last may my wife set our double wall oven(Whirlpool RBD275PDB8) to self clean and it locked itself shut and would not open. The display showed the E6 F2 fault code and I was able to open the latch and replace the front panel which fixed the issue until a couple months ago when the oven would randomly reset itself, the panel would go blank only to work again the next day or even a couple mins later.
Fast forward to last night, and the panel is again blank, the keys "beep" when you press them but do not control the oven temp or settings.
Not that big of a deal if it wasnt a day before thanksgiving and I have 20 people coming over expecting a Turkey.

Thanks a ton

-Matt
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM

sdcjdc1199 is on a distinguished road
Default E6 f2 error code

Ok, so I read all the post on this issue and order a control panel. Replaced the control panel, plugged in the ribbon, turn on the power. Oven beeps confirming power was turned on but the display does not light up. Removed and replaced ribbon three times and no change. I should note the display from the original panel would light up, occasionally, with the error code. Hopefully it's not the control board. That's another $350, round about. Suggestions?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 AM

sdcjdc1199 is on a distinguished road

So now as of this morning, the display did appear with guess what? E6 F2. UGH. This tells me the control panel is not the culprit, but rather the control board. Hopefully I can return the control panel for a refund, but not until I replace the control panel just to be sure.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Order and replace the control board. If it will work fine, install the original control panel and give it a try. If the control board is the culprit, return the control panel. You can do it only if you ordered it from APP.

Gene.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:32 PM

enaudrellim is on a distinguished road

I Also Have A Whirlpool Range/ Oven Kicking Out The Same Codes. I Di As Posted And The Codes Came Back. I Installed A New Control Panel And The Same Codes Come Back. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.