Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luv2bake  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 3:16:14 PM(UTC)
luv2bake

Groups: Registered

The numbers 3,6,9 will not work on my touchpad. Everything else does. Before I start ripping things apart, is this usually one part that must be replaced? I found a circuit board timer on a part replacement page, but I want to be sure this is the problem before I order it. Could it be something else?
Help I can't set my oven to 350 to bake!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:24:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad control panel. I do not think it has something to do with the timer.

- The part number for the control panel is AP3480764

Gene.
luv2bake  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:38:48 AM(UTC)
luv2bake

thanks for your input. It is still under warranty, but I would have to pay for the service visit, labor, etc. so I am trying to figure out which way will be cheaper to do it myself or let Maytag come out & pay their fee.
scoobydude  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:47:23 AM(UTC)
scoobydude

luv2bake, did you ever get your Jenn-Air JGR8875QDS fixed? If so, what was the problem?

I have a similar problem with my Jenn-Air JGR8875QDS, which started a couple of weeks ago. It just started beeping for no reason. Just one or two beeps. Then, when I went to see what was going on, the HOLD function would flash on the screen, prompting me to set it. I simply hit CANCEL, but it would again come back on. When I tried to bake something, it would start this nonsense and then the only buttons that would work were the number 3 and CANCEL. I tried unplugging it for several days and then plugged it back in with no problems, but then it started the beeping noise a couple of times and then later I tried to bake, but none of the numbers would work. I unplugged it again, and now we're back to only the number 3 working.

I have the electronics currently dismantled, and detect no frayed wiring and no other signs of wear are obvious. One thing I forgot to mention was that upon plugging the range back in on two separate occasions, it flashed a number like 03:01 or something, before going to whatever time it had set in the memory.
tryingtofixit  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:24:04 PM(UTC)
tryingtofixit

Did I ruin the panel overlay by pulling it off to take a peek underneath (to see how it was wired)? It peeled off like a sticker.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Most likely the problem is a bad control panel. I do not think it has something to do with the timer.

- The part number for the control panel is AP3480764

Gene.
shokwaves  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:25:30 AM(UTC)
shokwaves

Hey There,

I have same JGR8875QDS with that problem. I replaced oven bake ignitor and temp sensor, still no luck. I have been told the touch pad needs replacing. I have learned that the touchpad and clock are one piece, have you guys verified? Did a new touch pad fix your oven woes?

Thanks.
scoobydude  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:58:04 AM(UTC)
scoobydude

Yes, the touchpad and clock are one piece. I managed to get my problem fixed and all I did was simply unplugging the touchpad/clock from the wire connectors (I think there were three or four) and replugging them back in all the way. I wish I could tell you more of how and/or why this solved the problem. It seems like I left the connections unplugged for some time, as well (at least 24 hours), so that might have had something to do with it. But I remember making sure to fully push the connectors back on all the way and I haven't had the problem since.

Shortly after this problem I remember reading somewhere that a cellphone was to blame for actually turning an oven on, so we pondered whether this might be the cause, but we haven't done anything differently with our cellphones than before, but there's no way to know for sure.
tryingtofixit  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:21:04 AM(UTC)
tryingtofixit

I recently lost the use of the 3,6,9 button on my Jenn Air stove. Replacing the panel overlay fixed the problem. (I did not need to replace the clock).
I hope this helps others with the same problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply