Discuss

Dual Infinite Switch Replacement

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Originally Posted by drazlou OK. Thanks for the help and the schematic. I'll give it a try and let you

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Dual Infinite Switch Replacement

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drazlou View Post
OK. Thanks for the help and the schematic. I'll give it a try and let you know.
Drazlou,

OK, Sounds like a deal to me.
Just remember, the wire colors may be different, but the terminals and connections will be the same at the element and the new switch(per the previous wiring information). Will keep an eye out for your next post, Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-09-2017, 12:15 PM

drazlou is on a distinguished road

Just looking at the schematic I see my error. I guessed that the blue wire on the left switch served the same purpose as the yellow on the right switch and connected it is if it was the outside burner. Its actually purple and is the common burner wire. The way I have it hooked up both burners are in series when I select the inner burner only which is why it's dim and voltage only to the outer burner when I select both burners. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Just looking at the schematic I see my error. I guessed that the blue wire on the left switch served the same purpose as the yellow on the right switch and connected it is if it was the outside burner. Its actually purple and is the common burner wire. The way I have it hooked up both burners are in series when I select the inner burner only which is why it's dim and voltage only to the outer burner when I select both burners. Thanks!
Dazlou, You're Very Welcome !!!

Good Luck,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:48 AM

Rewired the three burner wires per the schematic and it works fine. Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Rewired the three burner wires per the schematic and it works fine. Thanks again for the help.
Drazlou,

GREAT !!!
Glad you didn't damage anything. When you mis wire that switch, quite often
it'll short out the internal contacts and it will need to be replaced. Thanks Again, Great job.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Old 09-13-2017, 04:38 PM

w2012z is on a distinguished road
Default my stove : JES9800ACB

I have a quick question. I have read the thread on the first page for the JES9800AAW. You say to connect the jumper wire from P1 to S1. On the switch I just ordered (part 12002125) there are two(2) P1 connector very close together. In which P1 connector should I connect the wire (see attached image)? The one on the left or the right (when the back switch is facing you)

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch12002125.jpg (32.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-14-2017, 04:00 AM

Both are interconnected so it doesn't matter which terminal you put the jumper on. Use whichever one works better for you when you you have to connect all the other wires.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Both are interconnected so it doesn't matter which terminal you put the jumper on. Use whichever one works better for you when you you have to connect all the other wires.
Drazlou, Correct, it really doesn't matter which P1 terminal you use for the jumper wire. Always found it easier to install the jumper wire first, right out of the bag, then transfer and attach the wires to the switch terminals as directed in the instructions. If the red wire(s) need to be separated and attached to specific terminals, save that for last. Recheck all the connections, restore power, then test the switch and element operation*CAREFULLY*. Remove power and restore the product to operation, and recheck one more time.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Old 09-18-2017, 09:33 AM

w2012z is on a distinguished road

Thank you. Everything is now working.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2012z View Post
Thank you. Everything is now working.
GREAT !!! We're glad you worked it out, and you're machine is up and running. Great Job. We're here if you need us. Thanks Again,

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.