Discuss

Dual Infinite Switch Replacement

 in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Joe, I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you for sticking with this. I am very

..."
 
 
Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Dual Infinite Switch Replacement

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
ddelling is on a distinguished road
Default

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com


Joe,

I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you for sticking with this. I am very appreciative.

Reply With Quote
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Joe / APP Team's Avatar
Senior Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,002
Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelling View Post
Joe,

I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you for sticking with this. I am very appreciative.
You are quite welcome, I'm sure all will be well when you're done.
__________________
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,

Joe M. APP TEAM



Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7
ddelling is on a distinguished road
Default

Joe,
Thank you for the detailed instructions and the time you spent on researching the answer. Everything went great, just as you had documented. Thank you very much!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
dillybob is on a distinguished road
Default Dual Infinite Switch Replacement

Help!!!!
I followed this thread and combined it with the wiring instuctions which came with the switch. As a result, I have the switch working, but the other three now are not!

The switch I'm replacing is the first one in line from the power source.

The wires are as follows:
My original dual black: comes from the power source and has a splice in it that connects to the burner sensors on all the burners. It also has a dual connector that I have attached to P1. The other part of the dual connector goes to the next switch.

My original dual red: comes from the power source and also connects to the next witch in line. I have cut that dual and attached the power source to P2, and the other switches to 2.

My single orange is now connected to S2. it goes to the indicator light.

My purple and green are the inner/outer burner elements and are connected to 4 and 4a.

If I had to guess, (which I pretty much did already), I think I have to reconnect my dual red and attach it only to P2. Then do something different to connect the black spliced wire to the sensors.

Thanks for any help!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Joe / APP Team's Avatar
Senior Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,002
Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillybob View Post
Help!!!!
I followed this thread and combined it with the wiring instuctions which came with the switch. As a result, I have the switch working, but the other three now are not!

The switch I'm replacing is the first one in line from the power source.

The wires are as follows:
My original dual black: comes from the power source and has a splice in it that connects to the burner sensors on all the burners. It also has a dual connector that I have attached to P1. The other part of the dual connector goes to the next switch.

My original dual red: comes from the power source and also connects to the next witch in line. I have cut that dual and attached the power source to P2, and the other switches to 2.

My single orange is now connected to S2. it goes to the indicator light.

My purple and green are the inner/outer burner elements and are connected to 4 and 4a.

If I had to guess, (which I pretty much did already), I think I have to reconnect my dual red and attach it only to P2. Then do something different to connect the black spliced wire to the sensors.

Thanks for any help!!!

Dillybob,

What is your model and serial number ?

I believe you are correct ,

You will need to re attached the two red wires and install them on the P2 terminal on the new switch, and leave terminal 2 empty.

You lost me with the Black wires in your final statement.

It sounded like you had that connection proper in your first statement.


Did you see this post when you reviewed the forum posts

Wire color or configuration is not "that" important, but location of the wire on the switch terminal or the component that the wire supplies is.



First, install the jumper wire from P1 to S1 terminals on new switch

Red wire(single) on terminal 4 on old switch should be on terminal 2 on new switch and terminates at burner sensor circuit.

Red wire(dual) on terminal 5 on old switch should be on terminal P2 on new switch and will terminate at terminal block and jump over to the next infinite switch.(two directions).

Black wire (single) on terminal 1 of old switch should be on S2 terminal on new switch and terminate at indicator light.

Black wire(dual) on terminal 2 on old switch should be on P1 terminal on new switch(beside jumper wire connection) and terminate at terminal block and jump to the next infinite switch(two directions).

Brown wire terminal 3 on old switch should be on terminal 4 on new switch and terminate at outside burner element terminal on burner.

Yellow wire terminal 6 on old switch should be on terminal 4A on new switch and terminate at inside burner element terminal on burner.

Test burner operation, low and hi settings and re assemble the unit.

I'll get on a wiring diagram, and help you,as best I can as soon as I get a Model and serial number.






Read more: Jenn-Air JED8430 dual switch replacement
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

__________________
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,

Joe M. APP TEAM



Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
dillybob is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for your quick response.

Hi Joe,
It's a Jennair CVE3400B. It's back together now.
I've got it working. The dual black wire also has a piggyback direct to the sensors on the burner. From your posts, I gathered that I needed to snip that piggyback and attach it to terminal 2. So now terminal 2 on the new switch is wired to the sensors on the burner.
Thanks,
Bob



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post
Dillybob,

What is your model and serial number ?

I believe you are correct ,

You will need to re attached the two red wires and install them on the P2 terminal on the new switch, and leave terminal 2 empty.

You lost me with the Black wires in your final statement.

It sounded like you had that connection proper in your first statement.


Did you see this post when you reviewed the forum posts

Wire color or configuration is not "that" important, but location of the wire on the switch terminal or the component that the wire supplies is.



First, install the jumper wire from P1 to S1 terminals on new switch



Red wire(single) on terminal 4 on old switch should be on terminal 2 on new switch and terminates at burner sensor circuit.

Red wire(dual) on terminal 5 on old switch should be on terminal P2 on new switch and will terminate at terminal block and jump over to the next infinite switch.(two directions).

Black wire (single) on terminal 1 of old switch should be on S2 terminal on new switch and terminate at indicator light.

Black wire(dual) on terminal 2 on old switch should be on P1 terminal on new switch(beside jumper wire connection) and terminate at terminal block and jump to the next infinite switch(two directions).

Brown wire terminal 3 on old switch should be on terminal 4 on new switch and terminate at outside burner element terminal on burner.

Yellow wire terminal 6 on old switch should be on terminal 4A on new switch and terminate at inside burner element terminal on burner.

Test burner operation, low and hi settings and re assemble the unit.

I'll get on a wiring diagram, and help you,as best I can as soon as I get a Model and serial number.






Read more: Jenn-Air JED8430 dual switch replacement
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Joe / APP Team's Avatar
Senior Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,002
Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillybob View Post
Hi Joe,
It's a Jennair CVE3400B. It's back together now.
I've got it working. The dual black wire also has a piggyback direct to the sensors on the burner. From your posts, I gathered that I needed to snip that piggyback and attach it to terminal 2. So now terminal 2 on the new switch is wired to the sensors on the burner.
Thanks,
Bob

Ok,

Great job.

Glad we were able to help.

__________________
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,

Joe M. APP TEAM



Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
dillybob is on a distinguished road
Default infinite switch wiring part 12002125

Hi Joe,
Well, I thought I had it right. Now when it's all back together, the switch turns on each element, but always on high. When I wired it, I put the dual red wire (from power supply) on P1 rather than P2, and the black dual (from power supply) on P2 rather than P1. I wonder if I reverse those, will it work?
Another possibility is that on one of my tests, I grounded the switch, and threw the breaker...maybe hurting the switch.
Bob
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Joe / APP Team's Avatar
Senior Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,002
Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillybob View Post
Hi Joe,
Well, I thought I had it right. Now when it's all back together, the switch turns on each element, but always on high. When I wired it, I put the dual red wire (from power supply) on P1 rather than P2, and the black dual (from power supply) on P2 rather than P1. I wonder if I reverse those, will it work?
Another possibility is that on one of my tests, I grounded the switch, and threw the breaker...maybe hurting the switch.
Bob
Dillybob,

Yes,

I know you had it wired wrong, but it still should have worked.

And of course, you should re wire it properly.
(you should do that now, I would, so you're set when the new switch arrives).

If you grounded the switch and tripped your breaker, I'm sure you damaged the switch contacts and or the resistor inside the assembly.

Order a new switch.

Part number: AP4008679

Part number: AP4008679


Good Luck,
__________________
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,

Joe M. APP TEAM



Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9
dillybob is on a distinguished road
Default Aghhhh! Wiring

Joe,
I ordered the new switch and it got here already! Wow! Problem persists equally with both switches. When I put the dual red wire from the power supply on P2, and the dual black power supply on P1, I the burner doesn't come on at all. When I reverse those two, I get High only.
Reply With Quote
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Infinite Switch Wiring stewmcd Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) 27 04-23-2014 09:06 PM
Wiring for dual infinite switch captain stan Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) 0 05-16-2009 02:37 PM
Dual Infinite Switch Replacement david.freeland@sacorp.com Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) 1 09-24-2008 03:30 PM
Replacing Dual Infinite Switch on Range juchunk Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) 0 05-02-2008 07:51 AM
Infinite Wire Switch Dual Element leighr3 Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) 1 12-11-2007 01:04 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 PM.

The content on this web site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace an on-site diagnosis from a qualified appliance service technician. By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com , Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17