Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wafagan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:39:55 AM(UTC)
wafagan

Groups: Registered

:D Have igniters for top burners. Assuming I unscrew burner and lift off to gt at igniter? Any help appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:18:41 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wafagan Go to Quoted Post
:D Have igniters for top burners. Assuming I unscrew burner and lift off to gt at igniter? Any help appreciated

To replace the igniter assembly on this unit top burner assembly(s)you will need to :

Remove power to the unit.

Remove grates, burner caps, and drip trays(if supplied).

On the inside of the burner base(near the oriface opening) you will find 2 or 3 screws in each burner base. You will need to carefully remove those screws, as they attach the burner base to the gas supply tube on each burner.

With the screws remove you will be able to lift the burner base up enough to disconnect the wire from the ignter connector.
You should be able to remove the clip and spring from the assembly and remove the igniter from the burner base from the top side of the burner base.
Reverse the procedure to install the repaired igniter/burner assembly
wafagan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:56:44 PM(UTC)
wafagan

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
To replace the igniter assembly on this unit top burner assembly(s)you will need to :

Remove power to the unit.

Remove grates, burner caps, and drip trays(if supplied).

On the inside of the burner base(near the oriface opening) you will find 2 or 3 screws in each burner base. You will need to carefully remove those screws, as they attach the burner base to the gas supply tube on each burner.

With the screws remove you will be able to lift the burner base up enough to disconnect the wire from the ignter connector.
You should be able to remove the clip and spring from the assembly and remove the igniter from the burner base from the top side of the burner base.
Reverse the procedure to install the repaired igniter/burner assembly

Thanks..looks like igniter not the problem. Get clicking but no "spark" on the front two burners..any suggestions. Guess I'm not getting "power" to them. PS did replace ignitors..
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:37:50 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks..looks like igniter not the problem. Get clicking but no "spark" on the front two burners..any suggestions. Guess I'm not getting "power" to them. PS did replace ignitors..

Was this the first attempt to repair the unit ?

I take for granted that you did chk and make sure the area around the igniter and burner base are clean ?

Had I known that there was no spark at all on 1 or more burner, I would have had you check the igniter wires for a short to chassis ground and replace the spark module before replacing the burner igniters.
(see attached)
Part number: AP4041505
wafagan  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:50:22 PM(UTC)
wafagan

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Was this the first attempt to repair the unit ?

I take for granted that you did chk and make sure the area around the igniter and burner base are clean ?

Had I known that there was no spark at all on 1 or more burner, I would have had you check the igniter wires for a short to chassis ground and replace the spark module before replacing the burner igniters.
(see attached)
Part number: AP4041505

.Right..area was clean..first thought with no spark was the ignitors...silly me. Ok..whats it take to replace the spark module. Looks like entry to that area is avail once you get panel off behind the "on/off" burner switches. Is replacing the spark module something I can do..??
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:03:16 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

.Right..area was clean..first thought with no spark was the ignitors...silly me. Ok..whats it take to replace the spark module. Looks like entry to that area is avail once you get panel off behind the "on/off" burner switches. Is replacing the spark module something I can do..??

Based on what you've done so far ,replacing the spark module will be easy .

The location is usually under the cook top on the left side of the burner box.

You will need to remove the burner assemblies (as you did when you replaced the igniters, and carefully raise the cook top. You can trace the igniter wires back to the module assembly if needed.

The module assembly you purchase may fit in the existing mounting plate, but the new part will come with a mount plate if not. It is a "snap in" fit and pretty easy to deal with. In most cases you can install wire for wire on the module but varify wire location when changing, there are numbers and letter embossed on the plastic case (crossed wires can create other problems,especially the line-L- neutral-N and ground-G-green wire).

I'm real sure you will find this relatively easy and would expect it to take you 30 minutes to accomplish.

Have a good day
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply