Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwiq  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 12:10:00 AM(UTC)
kwiq

Groups: Registered

Hi, in order to troubleshoot ignition failure on 2 of the burners, I tried to remove the spill tray (62A) by removing the burner. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, to remove burner one has to remove the brass venturi on the burners. I used 20mm socket to unscrew the venturi. After a lot of effort & and 24" wrench, it turned, but it does not come off or even screw out. My question, does the brass venturi screw into the jet holder? I presume the nut holds the jet holder onto the sheet metal marked 39 in the parts dia? So if I turn the venturi anti-clockwise it should come out - right? But it does not & I can't pull it out (assuming it is out of the jet holder thread).

I am thinking that the venturi has seized to the jet holder and the whole assembly is turning round and round. How can I see what is it doing? Can I take out the front panel without taking out the entire cooktop?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.