Discuss

Thermador display is very dim

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

OK. Keep us posted. Simon.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Thermador display is very dim

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

OK.

Keep us posted.

Simon.

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM

TractionAction is on a distinguished road

I ended up getting a 2nd complete new display repair kit, installed and now the display functions great as well as the oven. The board that didn't work was returned. Thanks to all and this forum for helping out.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

We are glad you were able to fix it but it's very sad to know that we cannot rely on a brand new parts anymore.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM

jimdeb is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Can someone provide a picture of which capacitors and are they on the back of the display or on another panel. I have a 2001ish Thermadore scd302 oven with a display that doesnt display. Its apart and Im anxious to fix it.

Jim
Old 07-27-2013, 05:56 PM

mrivney is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
I fixed my SCD302 oven's dim display. Replaced two of the three capacitors. It was the smaller capacitor that was bad. Didn't replace one of the other larger capacitors because the display panel/glass was right up against it. Thought of bending it up but decided not to do it. And everything was OK but ...
The but was a F7 code. I finally fixed it. The F7 code was coming on due to the way I put the oven back together. Seems it's rather touchy. The green ribbon might have to do something with it. But don't give up. I undid the touch control's housing mounting (the entire bracket that holds the touch controls) and everything worked; no F7. So, I put it together, which took a few tries, and no more F7!
Regards, mrivney
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.