Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
svettel  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 6:37:28 AM(UTC)
svettel

Groups: Registered

I had a lightning strike near my house that apparently damaged my oven. The range works fine, but the oven has no control function. It is totally blank. I've cycled the breaker a few times and opened the back panel to see if I can see anyting burnt, which I can not. I had a Jenn-Air recommended repair man come over who said I needed to replace the control panel assembly (Part Number: AP4098057) and Enlarge Photo Clock with harness
Part Number: AP4097628clock w/harness (Part Number: AP4095949). He did not open the panel or do any type of trouble shooting, so I don't know if his assessment is correct or not. Does anyone have any opinion as to what I can do to ensure this is the problem? I don't want to order $500 worth of parts if this is not the answer. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

birdbox  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:04:57 PM(UTC)
birdbox

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'd like to post a possible quick and cheap fix to this issue. If the oven is working fine, all buttons on the panel working, but the actual LED display won't work (no clock display, temp, timer etc...just the display part), then the fix is simply to replace the C3 capacitor on the display board for 1 dollar and 50 cents. This requires very basic soldering ability. Seek out the C3 solution to resolve this problem.
denman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:22:34 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
If you decide to replace the board.

I doubt that you need the control panel as the display is on the control board.
Try to push a few control panel buttons to see if you get any beeps or signs of life.
Unplug the unit and the control pane and then give it a try to see if the control panel comes to life.

Be sure to have your serial number when buying the control board as that may be why there are two different control board numbers.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply