Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redfish1028  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:55:30 PM(UTC)
redfish1028

Groups: Registered

hello all,

I just recently bought a house that was a repo and according to neighbors it was vacant for approximately 2 years.

i am having a problem with the whirlpool wall mounted oven. it is model number rbs305pdq12. it is not heating so checking online i thought it might be the heating element. i replaced the element and it worked briefly then it stopped. then when i was re-screwing it into the mounting holes, it sparked and burnt the lead off the element..yeah i know i shoulda tripped the breaker first! anyway, before i screwed it in it worked for a brief second then stopped again. i then replaced the old element and it did the same thing so i apparently am getting power to it and threw money away for the element.

i then hit the internet and thought it might be the thermal fuse but i pulled it, had it tested and told the fuse was good.

reading the forums this model should have showed a code for something not working on the display panel but as of yet no codes have showed up.

any help would be appreciated

last night i checked all the wires and conncetions and everything looked ok. also to clarify the oven preheats (coils get red hot) then when it switches to bake after preheat the temp falls and doesnt hold the set temp..thermostat purhaps?

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.