Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dvgreenw  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:14:47 AM(UTC)
dvgreenw

Groups: Registered

The bake element burned out and I want to know about installing a new part. Do I need an electrician, or does this part pull out and plug in?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 5:06:05 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are parts for a WA2WW could not find info on a W0A2WW.
Please check your model number.
Replacement parts for General Electric JTP15WA2WW Electric range | AppliancePartsPros.com

Replacing an element is fairly easy.
Unplug / remove power from the unit.
Undo the screw/s that hold the element to the back of the oven wall.
Carefully pull the element forward till you can disconnect the wires from it.

It is a good idea to clip something onto the wires (clothespin etc.) so that they do not disappear into the back of the unit before you can get the new element installed.

Note: It is very important to remove power (usually turning the breaker off) from the unit as there is always 120 volts on one side of the element even when the element is turned off.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dnd4ever  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:15:15 AM(UTC)
dnd4ever

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: dvgreenw Go to Quoted Post
The bake element burned out and I want to know about installing a new part. Do I need an electrician, or does this part pull out and plug in?

I hope this is the correct place, I have this same oven and replaced the bake element about 11 months ago. The bake element went out again this week, when I removed the element the left blade is corroded/burned at least half of it is missing which I assume is why it is not working because it is no longer connecting to the female connector. Before I replace the element I would like to be sure if there is not something else that I should check for repairs first?
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:00:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Before I replace the element I would like to be sure if there is not something else that I should check for repairs first?[/COLOR]
Without being there I cannot say for sure but it does sound like that is part of the problem.
You may also have to replace the female connector and perhaps some of the wire.
The reason is that if a good connection is not made between the connector and the element due to pitting etc.then there is resistance in the connection.
When current flows through this resistance heat is generated which further degrades the connection till finally it fails.
Be sure to use a high current connector and cut the wire back till you get to nice clean copper.

The only way to be sure that this is your only problem is to measure between the element wires to see if there is 240 volts there.
This is dangerous as 240 volts is lethal so is not a job for a novice.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply