Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin / APP Team  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:52:08 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It’s Thanksgiving, the bird is in the oven, you go to turn it on and… nothing happens! Twenty starving family members are on the way to your house. Sounds familiar? Share your own Thanksgiving horror story below and see who has the best one.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:04:37 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I sometimes tell my customers, If you like fridg. failures on a Sunday morning and no servicer is available for a week, just buy the cheapest refrigerator.
Salpal  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:49:01 AM(UTC)
Salpal

Groups: Registered

I always like the one where someone cooks the bird thinking that the stuffing is "already in there" and they leave all those yummy gizzards, neck, etc. inside the bird instead of making real stuffing. It ends up being a surprise for everyone when they find out!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 1:30:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A Chinese person never cooked a turkey before so it was stuffed with dry stuffing and dumped in the oven to cook.
Margaret  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:58:37 PM(UTC)
Margaret

Last year, I hosted my family’s Thanksgiving dinner. I noticed my oven wasn’t working when I was just about to cook our turkey. Needless to say, I freaked out! We tried to fix but it didn’t go well. Only the top half of the turkey (white meat) was cooked and the rest of the turkey was raw and needed to be thrown out. Obviously, my Thanksgiving dinner was a disaster and my 23 dinner guests were very disappointed. I would have done anything to have avoided this scene on Thanksgiving!
frmhere2  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:54:47 AM(UTC)
frmhere2

in my neighborhood it common to have a blackout during a bad storm. and the blackouts would normally last for a few hours. two years ago, the day before thanksgiving as a storm approached i made last minute runs to the store and then started cooking the night before thanksgiving. the power went out about 11:00pm and i used candles to see what i was at least cooking on top of the stove. to make a long story short the power never came back on until that friday morning and only a few items were cooked, none that needed to be cooked in the oven.
AGoodMan00  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2007 9:19:41 PM(UTC)
AGoodMan00

At the cottage, we had a stove with a self cleaning oven. One day we had a dinner roasting in the oven and just before we took it out, the power went out. The dinner was pretty well done so no problem, worst that happens is we have to finish it for a few minutes in the BBQ. HOWEVER, when the power goes out, a self cleaning oven locks itself, with a very loud CLACK. (We guess that the reason is that it would be quite unsafe if you happened to be almost finished with a self cleaning operation and the power went out - the oven would be way hot and suddenly, with no power, the usual lockout would no longer operate. I believe they solved that problem by having a magnetic spring backup lock that immediately releases and locks the oven whenever the power goes off). Sooo, if you happened to be just minutes away from removing from the oven your beautiful brown Thkgvg. turkey and the power went out, you would be unable to get it out of the oven. All we could do was peer at our nicely roasted dinner but we could not get it out of the oven.
Pearl  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:12:43 AM(UTC)
Pearl

On Monday before Thanksgiving my fridge stopped cooling and I had the whole family coming for dinner at my house - from out of town as well! My neighbors were out of town visiting their family, so I had to call for a repair person asap -- of course being the week before thanksgiving, they were all either booked up or they wanted to charge double their normal rate. In the end I had to just pay what one of the men was charging because he could make it over before all the food was ruined.

It was a very very stressful Thanksgiving that year. :(
saradell65  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:10:02 AM(UTC)
saradell65

Originally Posted by: Margaret Go to Quoted Post
Last year, I hosted my family’s Thanksgiving dinner. I noticed my oven wasn’t working when I was just about to cook our turkey. Needless to say, I freaked out! We tried to fix but it didn’t go well. Only the top half of the turkey (white meat) was cooked and the rest of the turkey was raw and needed to be thrown out. Obviously, my Thanksgiving dinner was a disaster and my 23 dinner guests were very disappointed. I would have done anything to have avoided this scene on Thanksgiving!

What was wrong with your oven? I had that same experience this year and the repair guy told me my oven is fine!
Admin / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Saradell65, sorry to hear about that. Is your oven gas or electric? Can you post the model number?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply