Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jszczupak  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:18:18 PM(UTC)
jszczupak

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys,
Now it takes 3 to 4 times longer for the oven to reach the previously set temperature (in the Bake mode).
I have a suspicion that the Ignitor is going bad but I'm not sure.
If I am correct what model I would need to order and how hard it is to reinstall it.
Thanks
Joe S.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cswingle01  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:17:36 AM(UTC)
cswingle01

Groups: Registered

I have an older Magic Chef and the oven igniter glows but doesn't let the additonal gas in to spread the flame through the horizontal tube with all the small holes for the flame to come out. I banged on the black tray to catch food particles and lo and behold flame came out of all the little holes. But it took much longer to reach the desired temperature. I am ordering the Oven flat 3 3/4 inch Igniter Part Numer AP4012072 made by Whirpool which is indicated to be for most Magic Chefs. My Magic Chef is very old and the igniter has been replaced once by a service technician and the second time I replaced it which is a simple job - two electrical leads and two screws for the igniter and two screws for the plate covering the electrical leads.

I still am waiting for a technical person to tell me that the igniter controls releasing the extra gas to light the horizontal tube holes but hopefully that was the problem I had in the past rather than the igniter not lighting at all. My bad memory.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply