Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dan d  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 11:04:45 AM(UTC)
dan d

Groups: Registered

my ge profile over the range microwave wont heat, everything works and sound fine but no heat. i took it down and the cover off, i waited 24 hrs and then checked the high voltage capacitor to make sure it was not charged, then checked the fuse which had continuity and then checked the door switches.
when i take the switches out they all (3) worked fine, meaning they all registered 0 and then infinity when you push in the button. but when i hook the wires up to them the bottom 2 give me 0 with the door open or closed and the top one is 0 when the door is closed but when i open the door the switch slowly goes to about 20 ohms? this switch has 2 orange wires which are connected to the smart board. this doesnt seem right.
anyone know what would cause this? a bad smart board maybe?
thanks for your help
dan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.