Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fatwreck  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:20:38 AM(UTC)
fatwreck

Groups: Registered

I saw similar titles, but not a ton of answers. I have a Kenmore 721.80413 Microwave Hood Combination. It is 2 months out of warrant. :mad: It doesn't heat. It does the whole routine....lights, turntable, fan, etc. No heat.

I'm assuming it is the magnatron. I have never replaced one. How difficult is it? I pretty much refuse to pay the techician $75 to come out and say, "yup...it's the magnatron.....now give me another $75 and $50+ for the part and I'll fix it." I might as well just buy a new microwave. It was only $287. I'm not going to put $200 into fixing it.

Any help would be appreciated. This site doesn't show any available parts for this model.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fatwreck  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:59:52 AM(UTC)
fatwreck

The repair guy came out...$75. :mad: He said it is one of three things. If it is the magnetron, which he suspects that it is, then the total bill will be $250. :mad: I only paid $287 for it. :mad:

My other option is to put that $75 towards a microwave that is $399 or more. :mad: Or I can eat the $75 and go get another microwave. I love these options.
schamu58  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:40:34 AM(UTC)
schamu58

Kenmore microwaves have an implied warranty of 5 years from the date of purchase on the magnetron. I just verified this with Sears/Kenmore. You make your repair appointment, they give you an estimate, and if it is the magnetron it is covered by warranty, anything else they will give you an estimate and it is on you. If you choose to not have them repair it you owe them the $75 trip charge, if they repair it, the $75 charge is included in the repair.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply