Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkhlex  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 4:36:37 AM(UTC)
jkhlex

Groups: Registered

this unit has quit heating, It makes a loud racket when activated.I took the unit apart,the capacitor seems to test fine,I am unsure regarding the diode, I am using a Fluke 83 digital meter and I cannot get a resistance measurement at all ,or should I say there is infinite resistance and I cannot measure anything front to back.It is not shorted.If I disconnect the load(magnetron)the noise decreases a lot. The resistance measurement between the Filament F and FA to ground are 19.3 ohms. This seems to indicate to me the mag is shorted to gnd. the filament resistance is .3 ohms which seems normal to me . There is a smell I think(electrical) emminating from the mag when you are running the oven. The High voltage transformer secondary that powers the HV loop with the cap and diode reads 92 ohms, the schematic has a value of 72 ohms across this part of the secondary. According to the warranty the mag has a limited 5 year warranty. What is your opinion? Thanks....Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.