Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nickib  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2010 9:47:54 AM(UTC)
nickib

Groups: Registered

:confused: I love my Sharp Carousel microwave but all of a sudden the turntable stopped turning! I realized this when I badly burned popcorn - it melted the popper in one spot! I have searched everywhere for solutions and I get the impression that I - being a DIYer - SHOULD NOT try to fix this myself. Is that correct? The model is R-410HKF and I cannot even find the manual online.

I have turned the turntable support manually and (according to a youtube video) the "sound" is correct. I have taken the support and carousel out and cleaned them both and the microwave and used a toothbrush where the support goes in, but nothing.

Any suggestions? I do not know if I should attempt this myself (not even sure how to go about that!) or if it's worth it to have it repaired. Please help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:31:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the bottom panel. Remove the wires from the turntable motor and check for 120 VAC between them while the control calls for heat.

If there is proper voltage, replace the turntable motor.

It the voltage is incorrect, then the problem is a bad control board.

Unfortunately there is no any on line technical information available for Sharp microwaves.

Gene.
nickib  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 3:47:29 AM(UTC)
nickib

Groups: Registered

Thanks Gene,

I tried to get the bottom off, and unscrewed everything I could possibly unscrew, but nothing. It wouldn't budge. So I thought maybe I had to take the outside case off and got all but two screws out and realized the last two are different - there is a "stem" in the middle of them and I don't have any type of bit to remove these. Any suggestions there??? Also - I would "assume" I shouldn't use the microwave unless the turntable turns, right???

Thanks again for your help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply