Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yiwen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:13:36 PM(UTC)
yiwen

Groups: Registered

The outer door frame of my JVM1840WD001 was cracked and eventually broken on the bottom. I ordered the replacement part from appliancepartspros.com for JVM1840BD001 since I don't want to pay $200 for the whole door (GE does not make individual part for JVM1840WD001, so I settle with a different color: bisque instead of white). To replace the outer door frame, you would need to use putty knife (the one you use for dry walling) to remove the inside door frame by prying against the inside metal frame. Once you remove the inside door frame, you will see two screws that secure the door handle. Unscrew them to remove the door handle. Once the handle is out of the way, you will see (from outside) there are 2 more screws that secure the outer door frame to the door assembly. Unscrew them (be careful not to let the outer door frame drop because there is the glass attached to it) and use the putty knife to remove the outer door frame. From this point on, the removal and installation should be straightforward.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:24:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you. Very helpful information.

Gene.
stmarie  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:29:35 AM(UTC)
stmarie

i have a built-in over-the-range model JVM1340 that a renter cracked the bottom of the handle straight thru and also the plastic frame that it's connected to. I'm wondering if bisque looks like almond, cuz that's the color of the other GE appliances in that kitchen. ALso, since your's is a countertop model, I'm also wondering if the method of repair is the same. I have a Kitchen Aid microwave in my primary home, and it's SO easy to repair the handle when it breaks. It cost $8.50 for the handle and takes 5 mins to repair. Clearly GE is way better at making aircraft engines and bombs (aka microwave ovens, lol). Good post and thanks for the ideas.
dgdl441  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:32:40 PM(UTC)
dgdl441

1) More pictures available on our website www.nikeok.com2) Authentic quality, Wholesale price 3) Send the items to you within 24 hours after payment4) Shipping time: 4 -7 working days 5) Shipping types: EMS, DHL, TNT, UPS, FedEx6) Payment: Paypal, western union, money gram7) Well packaged to protect items demanding8) No order limitation. The more you order, the lower price we offer.Our main products list is as below:1) sports shoes: ******** shoes, ******** shox, Air Jordan, Jordan 2010, AF1, Jordan Fusion, Air max, Dunks, Puma, Bape, Gucci, Prada, ACG, Alife, Cole haan, Timberland boots, ect.2) Handbags: Chanel, Chloe, Coach, D&G, LV, Fendi, Gucci, Hermes, Prada, Juicy, Jimmy choo ect3) T-shirts: Affliction, BBC, POLO, Lacoste, ED-Hardy, GGG, A&F, Christan Audigier, Coogi, G-Star 4) Jeans: Red Monkey, True Religion, BBC, Christan Audigier, Artful Doger, bape, ect5) Jerseys: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL6) Hoodies: Bape, BBC, LRG, CLH, ED hardy, Evisu, Gino Green Global, Deep ect7) Watches, Sunglasses, Belt, Hats/Caps, AccessoriesWe sincerely hope to establish business relationship with all friends from domestic and abroad. Hope to cooperate with you and look forward to your reply soon. Welcome order our shoes, we will give you the best price and services. Please feel free to log on to our website at www nikeok com and contact us at service@nikeok.com
dgdl441  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:43:00 AM(UTC)
dgdl441

Cheap hats,caps wholesale from 5 - 8 usd all-inthanks for coming our site: nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com , best quality and customer service here!be pleased to inform you,we just updated our site products online, and now you can place order and get a good deal with discount price online, below some changes for your informations;1. all items with reasonable prices, and easy to order.2, if you order over 120usd, all items will be free shipping.3, for above 200usd order, we hv a special gifts for every packages.our shipping service as following;a. payment: Paypal/western union/money gramb. shipping way: EMS,USPS,DHLc. shipping time: about 3-5daysd. deliver model: door deliveryyou can place order online, we will get your order details when you finish order online,thanks for your time!all the bestqingcustomer service rep.nike,nike shoes,jordan shoes-www.nikeok.com
ApplianceHelper  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:28:15 AM(UTC)
ApplianceHelper

You can see how to take the door apart so that you can access the screws and replace the handle in the link below. There is a video that you can watch which shows you how to do this process step by step.

Over the Range Microwave Oven Door Repair : ApplianceRepairLesson.com

Good luck!

ApplianceRepairLesson.com
kfrench  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:44:48 PM(UTC)
kfrench

I also had the same problem with my GE spacemake xl1400. the bottom of the outside door frame cracked and i replaced it with a new one from you. when everything was put together, the inside light stayed on and the microwave no longer was working. it did work before the repair. any suggestions, it appears the latch is not catching now but when i try just the latch by itself without the door, then it works.. so confused. please help if you have any ideas, thanks
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:56:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Unplug the microwave. Open the control panel and adjust the door, so both of the hooks on the door latch will actuate the door switches when the door is closed.

Gene.
Fenian  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 12:41:37 PM(UTC)
Fenian

How do I remove the door on a GE JE1590SC01 ? Does the door lift off from the hinges, both located on the left-hand side, by simply pulling straight-up and popping out ? Or, must outer cabinet be removed in order to acres the hinge assembly/mechanism ?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 7:25:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Most likely you have to remove the outer case.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric JE1590SC01 Counter top microwave | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply