Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DebnJim  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:52:20 AM(UTC)
DebnJim

Groups: Registered

Please help diagnose my GE ADVANTIUM over the counter microwave. It is 8 years old and last October we replaced the Magnetron Assembly, diode and also the capaciter. It appears to be operating but the heating or cooking has stopped in the middle of making dinner last night. I was using the metal grill pan tray and then the food on the tray started to put off smoke and I immediately shut it off. After that I put the ceramic tray in the reheat some mac n cheese and it never would heat up. The front of the micro seemed to be pretty warm to the touch but still no heating up. I then tried to boil a cup of water with the SOUP (which uses the sensor) and then tried to heat the water by using the micro express. No luck either way! There appears to be 2 Lamps at the top of the oven and the front Lamp is not lighting up. Do you think that the smoke might have burned out this front lamp? It was working fine until the smoke. This of course is a very high priced micro , but I really feel like I've lost my left arm again. I put about $200.00 in it last Oct. and was really hoping to get atleast a year or two from it before purchasing a new one, as the prices have not gone down very much on this model, they are still about $1500.00 . I hope I gave you enough info to diagnose this. I would really appreciate any input you could give me. Thanks Again! Debbie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:56:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Debbie,

This is very complicated microwave and it is beyond my expertise.

Maybe someone else on the forum can help you better.

Gene.
DebnJim  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:32:11 AM(UTC)
DebnJim

Dear Gene,
Thank you for taking the time to answer my request for assistance. Hopefully someone might be able to give us some input to help diagnose the problem , so that we can decide whether one of the new parts that was put in last Oct. might have gone bad , or if there's another part that might be worth replacing to keep it going a while longer. It's really nice to know that there are still people who are willing to take their own time to help someone else out in a time of need. By the way Gene, I really enjoyed your website, it's packed full of great info. and assistance to links to help people complete their repairs. Thanks again and hope there's someone that might be able to help.
Thanks Alot,
Debbie
sterrant  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 10:38:34 AM(UTC)
sterrant

Dear Debbie,

I am having the exact same problem with my exact same model. I just pulled the front panel off and am getting into it.... If I figure it out I'll post it here. In the mean time If you call a service guy to figure it out, let me know. It might save me some time ;-) Thanks.

Pete
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply