Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdiggs  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:53:40 PM(UTC)
jdiggs

Groups: Registered

The door and handle on my GE Spacemaker XL OTR (Model JVM1331WW02) are cracked and broken. I rencently purchased the complete door assembly (Part # 1800 http://www.appliancepartspros.c...amp;&model_id=216802) but am unsure on how to do the repair.

Could someone help me with some advice/tips/tecniques on how to remove the old door and put on the new one?

Thanks in advance!

-jD
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

SWaller637  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
SWaller637

Groups: Registered

We have the same model, and the same thing happened. I searched for the replacement part, and I decided that it cost too much, and the instructions involved too much to replace the door handle. We have been using a ribbon to open the latch for over a year now. I found the instructions online, and they involved taking the door apart. Since you had the same problem, I now believe that the door was defective. It just broke with simple use by two grown adults.
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:23:52 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

1st, you need to remove the vent grille above the door, 2 screws in front as your looking at it, next remove the bottom access panel, under the micro, take all screws out. now the bottom door hinge is attached with two 5/16 screws, remove those. At the top door hinge there may or may not be a phillips screw at the frame where the door hinge is, remove it if it's there, now look inside the micro where the door hinge goes into the cavity, and there are two 5/16 screws holding the hinge in place, remove those and remove the door. I find it easier to use a socket and ratchet to get the top hinge screws out....hope this helps
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply