Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tommmmy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 11:33:48 AM(UTC)
tommmmy

Groups: Registered

My micro heats food just fine. But sometimes i hear this crazy loud buzzing sound. i look through the door to see plasma like sparks or flames shooting out the right side wall.

There is this little metal looking plate there with a burn hole in it where the sparks are coming from. What the heck is this part? I just ordered a new one.

but what's the deal? why did this one go bad? Is there something else going on inside that needs repair. (my mom thinks im getting irradiated.) this thing is held by two little plastic rivets so i figured what the heck, just replace it. What does this thing do? it's called something like the plastic panel. but looks like metal to me.

Curious!
Thanks so much. this aplliance parts pros is great. better that when i called the manufacturer.

tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:31:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tom,

This part is a waveguide cover. It covers the window where the microwaves coming out of the magnetron antenna. It could get damaged because of an excessive grease on it or because of the magnetron has gone bad.

Remove the cover and, using a mirror, look inside the window. If the paint inside is damaged, the microwave is not repairable.

Gene.
tommmmy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:37:27 PM(UTC)
tommmmy

Groups: Registered

Wow, thanks so much Gene!

I looked in there with a mirror and there is no paint chipping. Just a little smoke damage. I wiped it off with my finger. It ain't pretty in there though, a little stained. There is this little nipple in there, looks like a thimble that has a hole in it. The hole like it was a manufactured hole.

This unit heats fine. If the paint is chipping why is is not repairable? What's the chance of me getting iradiated? My mom is scared of it and goes in the other room?

The stupid cleaning ladies who couldn't read english (no offense to legal immigrants) that my x wife used to hire have completely screwed up this house. Using steel wool on stainless steel stove, using vinegar on grout. Completely dissolved it!

Maybe they scrubbed it that plate in the micro and ruined it. i remember one time they used almond scented pledge in the micro. the stuff you use on desk tops. It stunk up my food for 6 months.

Tom
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:29:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tom,

This part is so inexpensive and it can not cause a microwave leakage. It worth to try.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply