Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Microwave Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/)
-   -   Microwave quit (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/microwave-repair/61816-microwave-quit.html)

Rayno3 12-02-2009 08:49 AM

Microwave quit
 
I have a Kenmore microwave oven, model # 363.62702200. It is over 5 years old. We like it and do not want to buy a new one. It has worked fine till about a month ago. Then I noticed a vibrating sound when it was working. Last week, we put something in the oven and started it. After about 15 seconds, it shut off and now nothing works. No display, no light inside or out, no clock, and no fan. We checked the breaker and the plugin. All ok. We took it out of the wall and now have the outer cover off. No loose parts were found. There is an item that looks like a fuse. According to my ohm meter, it has very little resistance, but I did not disconnect it so that may be an erroneous reading. I have the manuals for it, but none has an exploded view of the internal parts. Can you help? Do you need more information? Thank you. Ray Norton

applianceman 12-02-2009 10:43 AM

If you donít disconnect the fuse before testing you can get a false positive reading. There is a thermostat on top that will cause this problem and you test it the same way. Recheck the fuse first and test the thermostat and if both seem ok post back and we will go from there. Microwave Repair Guide

Rayno3 12-02-2009 03:17 PM

Kenmore 363.62702200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by applianceman (Post 154640)
If you don’t disconnect the fuse before testing you can get a false positive reading. There is a thermostat on top that will cause this problem and you test it the same way. Recheck the fuse first and test the thermostat and if both seem ok post back and we will go from there. Microwave Repair Guide

I disconnected the fuse and it checks ok(very low resistance). I found two items I think are thermostats. They are round, between the size of a dime and a nickel, and have two connections on one side. the other side is mounted flat against a metal plate. I disconnected both to check them. One checks very low resistance while the other checks extremely high resistance. So the bad one is the one with high resistance, right? And where is the best place to buy a replacement? Thank you. Ray

applianceman 12-03-2009 06:22 AM

You can buy them from this site or if you like your local appliance store.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17