Power goes out intermittently
I have a 3yo GE over-the-range microwave that the power keeps intermittently going out on (all the power, including the clock display, as though it was unplugged). I've checked the outlet, plug, and cord and it's all fine. I've even pulled the unit off the wall (intending to replace it) and tested it on another outlet just in case.
It seems to go dead most commonly after it was recently used (i.e. gets warm), suggesting it's some sort of thermal sensor. I've read about the $5 thermal fuse sometimes going bad and just needing replacement. My question is, does the thermal fuse go on and off like that, or is is a one-and-done thing (i.e. once it blows, it wouldn't come back on until replaced)?
If they go on and off, I'll make the attempt to replace it since it sounds like it would probably be that. If not, I'll probably just throw it out and buy a new microwave since they're not all that expensive.