Discuss

Advantium 120 Micro/Bake Suddenly Inop

in

Microwave Repair

. "

Have had my Advantium 120 GE Profile Series 1.7 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven for about 9 years of pretty

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Microwave Repair » Advantium 120 Micro/Bake Suddenly Inop

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 06:52 PM

vetski179 is on a distinguished road
Default Advantium 120 Micro/Bake Suddenly Inop
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Have had my Advantium 120 GE Profile Series 1.7 cu. ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven for about 9 years of pretty much trouble free operation. Wednesday, the microwave and cook with conventional heat stopped working. All other normal operational items, i.e. fan (all speeds) range hood light (low and high) timer, menu items, clock, etc seem to be working as normal. Tried unplugging/replugging back in without success. When pushing any of the buttons that activate the micro wave/conventional heat, all the timers etc seem to work as normal, just the heating does not work. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Thanks very much!

Last edited by vetski179 : 11-12-2015 at 07:04 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-16-2015, 03:15 PM

Default I fixed it!

FYI for those who might encounter this same issue: When shutting the door, there are buttons on the internal safety switch that are depressed when the door is closed, allowing the unit to activate any cooking commands. As my oven is about 9 years old, there is slop in the hinge pins/ hinge holes in the door, allowing the door to droop. This drooping caused the safety buttons to be depressed down too far, which the oven thinks means the door is open, thus refusing to operate. Shimming the door up solved the problem and the oven works as usual. Hope this helps!
Old 12-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Default Fixed it (again)

Seems my fix was just temporary. Ultimately stoped working again a week later. I ordered 2 door switches. Upon disassemby, found the upper switch noticably fried. A continuity check revealed it was bad. The other 2 were OK, so replaced the bad top switch and it has worked fine.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.