Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
million99  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:43:24 PM(UTC)
million99

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone. I have the whirlpool GH9115XEB-0. Convection Microwave. a few months ago I kept getting a loud Humming noise and unit would not heat. At that time the convection system still worked fine. I replaced the magnetron and the diode according to the reading that I did. now microwave still does not work and convection does not work either. I don't hear the sound of power on the transformer as is normal with my unit , and I don't see the lights in the house go dim when the microwave power cycles on and off. One thing that I did in the repair that I have questions about. The diode connector was not long enough so I soldered the diode to the red wire where it connects to the capacitor. Don't know if the heat of the soldering ruined the diode. but it seems like the main power to the microwave has been cut off. all I get is the fans, the exhaust and the lights. Keyboard seems to work fine, unit starts up but does nothing. Help!!!!
thanks. Chet
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.