Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twilleyj  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
twilleyj

Groups: Registered

2 months after the warranty expired, my Samsung microwave lost ALL POWER. no lights or anything. After testing continuity on the many thermal fuses, I determined that two were bad (I may have incorrectly determined this)

I replaced upper DE47-20060A located on top near the blowers. #5 on diagram
I also replaced DE47-00050C located near the botton on the control board. (next to a similar thermostat. #18 on diagram.

Both original fuses did not "beep" during the continuity tests with my meter. The new fuses both beep when tested.

Now I have power, but the vent blowers on top will not turn off. I can cycle between low, med, high. The on/off button works, as it beeps once if pressed...but nothing turns off the blowers, even if left running for 30 minutes. I even pulled the control board ribbon, cleaned it, and reset it. no change.

I even removed the fuses, and temp hard-wired them with the same results.
Any ideas? Did I miss a fuse that fails to a closed state?! All thermal fuses test as "closed" in the microwave. It makes sense that one could be "failed" in a open state to turn on the blowers...just dont know which one.

My wife likes to use the blowers...I'm tempted to just unplug the blowers.

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.