Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lakeleader2  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:13:25 AM(UTC)
Lakeleader2

Groups: Registered

Two days ago our relatively new [hardly used since purchase] Kenmore Elite MWO was running normal, then made a loud buzzing sound. Shut it down but could smell fried elec parts. Took cover off, powered on to see white smoke coming from magnetron. P'd me off!! The junk they sell you today!

The magnetron says on it: Sanyo 15814 aka 2m247h b. I found one on the net for $138, one for $65 and another, they say, for $28. [http://www.**************/Part/...yo/Sanyo/15814/New.aspx] I figure the high price one is new. I can't tell from their site if the low price one is the exact same part or something that is close enough or, maybe, just plain wrong.

I need to know how interchangeable these parts are and where I can find the cheapest, reliable replacement. Also, other than discharging, are there any tricks I need to know about replacing.

I've had lots of trouble with sears dishwashers, freezers and now this. I'll be shopping elsewhere. Thanks for your help. Lakeleader
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.