Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheFreedMind  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:21:27 PM(UTC)
TheFreedMind

Groups: Registered

Hi All! My microwave is starting on it's own after I open the door and put the item to be heated inside the microwave and then close the door. It starts right when the door is closed before I even press anything on the keypad. It only happens maybe 30% of the time. The microwave works completely fine 70% of the time. When it turns on by itself, the fan turns on, the light goes on, the turn table is off, and no heating is occurring. I changed out the control board, tried two different brand new boards actually. And I also changed all three door switches with brand new switches yet the problem keeps happening. The lower door latch seems to be a little looser then the top one, but I checked the alignment of the latches with the switches, and they switches are definitely being triggered properly from the door latches. I was thinking about changing out the door latches..but I don't want to keep wasting money on parts that aren't really the problem. Also, I was thinking about changing the keypad, at this point I just want the thing fixed already. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.